Heron Lake Plateau i can see a shitfaced brother that i covered for what must've been the last ten years
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Not trying to be a turd by skipping folks, I just want to keep this thread moving so these guys can be added to the ranks. ;)

She nodded to the weakened matron's reply, satisfied with the answer. She knew next to nothing about Grimnismal, but she'd heard of it and that was good enough for her. She opened her mouth to respond when, suddenly, the younger of the two pups darted straight toward her. She started slightly at the boy's unexpected movement and surprising speed, her eyes widening in momentary alarm. It wasn't the child she was afraid of; rather, it was the reaction of the mother she feared. She knew, from both past and current experience, that those primitive maternal instincts were hair-trigger sensitive, and she didn't want to unintentionally be the reason for any sudden hostility on either side.

But all the boy wanted was milk, it seemed, as he plunged face-first into the soft black down of her belly and began to suckle greedily at one of her teats. She sat there for a few fleeting seconds, looking from him to Caiaphas with wide eyes, before a grin cracked her mask of surprise. She couldn't help it -- she laughed warmly and ran a paw over the child's thin back in a single soft stroke. Looking up at Caiaphas, she shrugged and shook her head. "Um, I'm er...sorry?" Really, what was there to say in such a weird situation? "I guess he's hungry! All of you must be. You're welcome to stay here and make this your home. Our caches are well-stocked -- eat as much as you like. And if any of you need medical attention, I'm a healer and I'd be happy to help." She smiled earnestly at the battered group of them, and the end of her tail flipped to and fro on the ground beside her. She made no move to dislodge the hungry puppy -- she really didn't mind providing him with a much-needed meal -- but kept her posture open and relaxed so that Caiaphas could retrieve him if she wished.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i can see a shitfaced brother that i covered for what must've been the last ten years - by Raven - June 29, 2018, 07:57 PM