Heron Lake Plateau i love the smell of gasoline, i light the match to taste the heat
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena
All Welcome 

The recent rains had treated her garden well, and it was thriving.  Unfortunately, that also meant that the weeds that had found their way into the garden were also thriving.  It was thus far one of the hottest days of the year and she could feel it as it beat on her back.  She panted heavily, digging up where she needed to, and otherwise gripped the weeds at the base and tried to pry them from the ground.

Wow!  This fucking sucks!  Why can't things stay nice and pristine all the time!

Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Sometimes when you are out of sorts, you seek out constants.  For Colt, his sisters were one of those - and with Frog busy with the kids (he'd already stopped by to chat with @Finley anyway), that meant it was Fire's turn for distraction.

When he found her, she was... attacking their work? What the hell?  "Hey, hey! When I helped you dig, you never said anything about yanking them out!" He said, hurrying over and staring at the pile of (he didn't realize) weeds.  "What gives?"
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She turned her head up to peer at Colt, a weed dangling out of her mouth as she scowled.  These, she said with a wide swipe of her paw, aren't supposed to BE HERE.  I didn't plant these.  But they just keep.. sprouting.  They're never ending.  

She didn't know shit about gardening, but she was pretty sure that meant that she had failed.  The ones that aren't nice and neat in the rows we made?  Those are all weeds.

Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Colt did not get it, and as such, herbalism probably wasn't in his future.  "They're plants aren't they? Why wouldn't they belong in the dirt?"  Y'know what that wasn't important.  If she wanted to keep some and get rid of some that was her perogative.

"Either way, I can help again some if you want.  I can use the distraction honestly," he said, nosing a weed and getting ready to pull it out.

She didn't need to pry; he ended up spilling to her his thoughts on Niamh.  If she reacted, he didn't notice... why would he suspect that she'd care? It just felt good to tell someone honestly.