Heron Lake Plateau It's a helluva life
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
All Welcome 
Similar to Niamh, Colt was on cloud nine these past few days.  Unaware of any issues that might be brewing, he'd done what he meant to; worked it through and worked it out - and suddenly everything had just clicked.  He knew a part of him would always miss what he'd had before, but he also now knew it was stupid now to lose out on a chance for something new and good because of things done and over.  

And this was good.  Having Niamh there every night and not needing to hold back on the affection, and supporting one another, and just.... yeah.  The whole lone wolf thing was cool and all but damn it was nice to have a partner for shit.  They might not have put a label on it just yet, mainly because Colt didn't really feel a need to right off the bat; what they had was enough regardless of what they might call it.

He paused at the edge of the lake for a drink, then gazed off toward the border.  Patrol or hunting?  Maybe both.  If he did the edge with the drop off, maybe he could scout something bigger for a group hunt.  That'd probably be a good call, what with all the pups to feed now.
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She'd tried to be happy for Niamh and Colt, but it was proving near impossible.  The last thing she'd wanted was to feel left out, that feeling when everyone but you gets an invitation to something.  Niamh and the gang went and hunted down Screech, Niamh and the gang went and repaired relations with Moonspear.  For as much as she knew, Niamh had been there scarcely a month before she'd arrived.

And really, it wasn't about the rank.  She couldn't give half a shit if Niamh was anything but Alpha.  It was about being appreciated.  And right now, it was only Raven that provided that for her.  And really, as much as she knew that wasn't fair for either of them, she couldn't help but lean on her now.

She'd gone to the lake to cool down, dipped herself in the waters already before she noticed Colt, and when her gaze found him they widened in surprise.  Quickly, she ducked her head; there was no way he hadn't heard her sloshing, and she let out a very soft chuff.  

ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
If Ceara had reacted at all negatively towards Colt in the past few days/week's, Colt was completely unaware.  Either he'd passed it off as just the conversation at the time, or he hadn't noticed, or she hadn't shown.  But whatever the case, when he spotted her a short ways away, hearing her, he greeted her with the same friendly smile and casual air as always.

Sooner or later he'd figure out not everyone let things go quick as he did.

"Ceara, hey!"  He elected to use her chosen name this time, despite the usual habit he took of calling his siblings by their lesser liked moniker.  "How's my favorite younger sister doin in this lovely weather."  The first words held a slight teasing, but they weren't untrue.  Ceara was the only one who had stuck around and that put her firmly at the top of the list, and since that list contained all of Colt's faves, it was a pretty high spot to be.  The second, though, was more joking than not, and his glance at the sun beating down made that clear enough.  "It's hot as shit, eh?"
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Just how is she supposed to be upset with him after a greeting like that?  It was kind of totally unfair.  But was she really going to let this get between them?  So far, other than Tuathal, Colt was her favorite sibling... and that was kind of saying something with how goddamn many of them there were.  And apparently he felt the same way. 

Maybe there would be an appropriate time to talk to him about this calmly, when she wouldn't be tempted to shove herself inbetween them where she very much does not belong.  

Fuck.  She forced a smile, let out a breath she didn't realize she'd been holding.  Yeah, it is.  I like, almost died last week or something 'cause I was workin' too hard.  I've gotta take it easy on days like this but, whoa boy, it's not easy.

ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
"Fuck, take it easy.  Dying sounds a lot less pleasant than hangin in the shade."  Colt would never consider himself a slacker; he did his part, hunting and patrolling and occasionally scouting.  But he was old enough that he wasn't about to test his limits (much as he hated to admit it).  "Gotta embrace a little of that lazy side in heat like this."

She did seem a little... off, though? He hadn't noticed it at first, and might be mistaken now.  But it was worth askin.  "Everything good?"

They chatted a while, and whether he got an answer or no, it was nice to at least hang for a time and share company.