Blackfoot Forest it's gonna be a long night
73 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Away
The words, spoken in the tongue of her own blood, did not invoke a response - whether understood or not. Mati only watched him, the same vaguely curious expression on her features.

Her name, however, was a different story. Shock flitted across his violet gaze once, like a falling star, and was gone - lost to the dark night sky of his features. Mati quirked a brow curiously, wondering what it was about a girl half his size that made him feel so threatened that he had to conceal every flicker of emotion. 

"It would seem so," she drawled softly, her whispery tones laced with curiosity. 

"I do not know how. I was born far from t'is place, a bastard to two cousins," she had turned from him then, unashamed but examining a pale rose that faintly shimmered under the moon's rays. Her spider had found a perch here and was climbing nimbly along the petals. 

The girl saw no reason to abhor her parents' coupling, the grandmother who raised her had not. They were Meloniis and that was what was important, their children had been pure Melonii - their union had been all but sanctioned by the elders.

"I knew I had family in ta south, we all knew t'at. I just didn't expect to find any of t'em so soon," Mati admitted, her gaze roving over him with something akin to fascination. 

Between the uncanny similarity and the surname they share, it's clear to Mati that he's at least some form of cousin, though she can't be sure exactly how they're related. Her incongruous gaze drinks him in, falling to his shoulder.

She gasps softly when she spots the spiderling mark on his skin, something offered only to males in her branch of the family. The she-wolf dares to take a step closer, allowing the moonlight to fall on her own pawprint mark. "We are family," she confirms, her contrasting gaze lifting to his face.
"you said she's scared of me?"

"but maybe it's because I'm wearing your c o l o g n e."
Messages In This Thread
it's gonna be a long night - by Aerenys - August 29, 2018, 04:35 PM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Midar - August 29, 2018, 09:15 PM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Aerenys - August 30, 2018, 09:35 AM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Midar - August 31, 2018, 02:25 PM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Aerenys - August 31, 2018, 02:38 PM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Midar - August 31, 2018, 05:53 PM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Aerenys - September 04, 2018, 08:22 AM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Midar - September 12, 2018, 12:18 AM
RE: it's gonna be a long night - by Aerenys - September 13, 2018, 09:59 AM