Blacktail Deer Plateau If you're not sure, figure it out
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The rainy morning did not deter the Alpha from patrolling, her drenched, pale form soiled up to the elbows with mud. The gentle downpour was chilly but after a time the cold went unnoticed. Scents were harder to detect in the rain, leading her to stop more than she usually would in order to leave her scent all over their boundaries - usually in the form of rubbing her scent all over or leaving one sided gashes in the trees. 

The leader was unsure how much time had passed when she stopped in the depths of the forest - the heath shaded and gloomy. What light did shine through was grey and dim, the rain dripping unevenly through the pines. Liri settled on her haunches, content to sit for a moment in the peaceful silence and listen to the rain.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
When he had woken that morning, it was to find that Liri had already had already woken and left. He had been up late the night before and so had risen later than usual, so he wasn't too surprised to find himself alone in the den upon waking. He stretched as he moved through the opening of the door and into the rain rain-grey forest of the plateau. He moved to his usual spot on the borders and began a slow-placed patrol, letting himself wake up a little. 

His mate's scent stopped his walking. She was somewhere nearby, and he couldn't resist seeking her out. He soon found her snowy form sitting among the trees, and he shook the gathered rain from his coat as he made his way to her. He nuzzled her as he approached before taking a seat beside her. Good morning, he said softly, shooting her a smile. Out patrolling as well? he asked a moment later, assuming that's why she was out here somewhat near the borders.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She finds herself opening her eyes - sensing his presence more than anything. It's odd, that little pull she feels in her chest whenever she's not near him. It's almost as if the world isn't completely balanced until Kavik is by her side. 

She smiles as she approaches, greeting him silently - tipping her head beneath his and stroking her crown along him affectionately, not unlike a domestic cat. 

"I am," she answers, pulling back to look up at him. 

Her brow wrinkles suddenly and she seems to come to a conclusion. 

"Kavik, I know it's sudden but would you teach me how to fight?" The words tumble out of her mouth quickly, nervously. "You offered once, back in the Sanctuary but we got distracted by well, everything," she tacks on, hoping to encourage him. As much as Liri knows he wants to protect her, this is important to the leader. 

She wants to be ready in case something like Sunspire happens again and it doesn't end happily this time. She needs to be ready in the case of an adversary. 

There's another matter that concerns her, one that lingers in her troubled dark eyes, that she could not share with Kavik. The fae had her suspicions about Grezig's ambitions - suspected that she believed herself better suited to lead - and wanted to be prepared if her closest friend acted on those ambitions. 

"I can handle it," she added again, hoping her disability wouldn't deter him. Her damaged leg no longer bore weight or even touched the ground. It was shriveled, shrunken - a ruin of what she once was and a reminder of trials past. It could not be allowed to limit her, not if she wished to thrive in this world she had come to call home. 

Her tail swayed once, hopefully, as she waited for his response.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He smiled at her affectionate greeting, breathing deeply to take in her scent and closing his eyes as it settled inside him; it was his favorite scent, and he would be able to pick it up anywhere. 

His eyes flicked open at her rushed words, and he leaned back to study her face. I remember, he replied at first, concerned curiosity filling his expression. He was torn between giving her whatever she asked and wanting to keep her from ever having to fight. The thought of his mate in a fight with anyone filled his stomach with knots. His hesitance had nothing to do with her leg or whether or not he thought she was capable, because he never considered her weak; quite the opposite actually. He just felt that, as her mate, it was his responsibility to keep her safe. When she stated that she could handle it, he gave her a loving smile. I know you can, he said softly. He was well aware of her strength--quite proud of it actually, and he never wanted her to think he felt she was less in anyway. He also couldn't exactly be around her every second to keep her safe, and it would be selfish and dumb to leave her with no way to defend herself. He searched her face again while he considered her request. Alright, he finally said. I'll teach you how to fight. It's necessary for you to have those skills as a leader, he added, getting to his feet and walking to stand in front of her. First, is there anything you already know? No sense in going over something if you already know it, he stated, his voice taking on a serious but kind tone as spoke. He thought she had mentioned knowing some self-defense, so he wanted to see what she had already been taught in order to avoid redundancy or to make sure she hadn't been taught incorrectly.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She expected to have to beg him, to cajole and coax her husband into teaching her. Kavik seemed concerned but he agreed with surprising speed - causing the sylph's eyes to widen slightly for she certainly hadn't thought it would be so easy. 

"Aaron taught me to spar once," Liri informed, brows drawing in with confusion. "Much of the fighting I did was..while I was pregnant. I wasn't sane. I just...fought like a wild animal when they attacked and let go of myself." It's hard to recall those memories - of traveling across Teekon with the terrifying realization that there were living things inside her, the corpses she fed on - even those that were lupine in origin - and the hollow ache of hunger that always persisted. The conflicts are worse. She no longer remembers faces or reasons - she just knows they attacked and she fought back tooth and nail to keep those precious beings alive.

"Perhaps we could spar? It's been a long time since my last fight. I don't even know what I know," she chuckled softly.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He winced as she spoke about having to defend herself while she was pregnant. He would do everything in his power to make sure she never had to go through something like that ever again. He quickly pushed the thought from his mind; he needed to be objective right now.

His jaw tightened a little when she asked if they could spar. He looked away briefly before finding her face again. How could he view his mate as an opponent and search for weakness? He had agreed to teach her to fight, though, and sparring was a good way to do that. Alright, he said softly. We can spar. He took an offensive position in front of her, head lowered to protect his neck and gaze locked on her. Do you see how I'm standing right now? he asked. If you ever feel threatened or like you may find yourself in a fight, always remember to keep your head down to protect your neck and never take your eyes from your opponent. Most wolves will tense or lean in some way; use that to try and predict what they will do next, he explained. 

Now, I want you to try and make the first move. Anything you can do to give you the upper hand is key. Aim for tender spots like the neck and face, or try to pin them to the ground. Kavik nodded at his mate at his mate, then. Whenever you're ready, give it a go, he said, giving her an encouraging look.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She remembers Aaron approaching much the same way once, chastising her for cringing away out of fear that he would snatch her up by the scruff. It's a memory nearly forgotten, her ears flattening at the uncomfortable recollection of his voice in her ears after so long. 

Liri looks away from the tension in the inkstain's jaw, aware that her memories will never be easy for either of them to hear.

Kavik's words are captured by flickering ears, muted by the patter of uneven rain on the conifers' broad arms of needles. Liri nods once, suddenly understanding his reluctance. 

How to look into those eyes and see not home, but an opponent? Her dark eyes traced along the length of his neck, trying to picture her teeth buried in the dark stretch of it rather than the caress usually reserved for her lover. The image churned her stomach with something that felt suspiciously like disgust but Liri forced the thoughts from her mind. 

You're being silly, the fae chided to herself as she lowered defensively into a similar position. Her dark eyes blinked against the occasional drop of precipitation as she looked her husband over for weakness. 

The task seemed impossible - particularly for one as small and damaged as she - but Liri's gaze lighted on Kavik's leg fleetingly. It lingered for only a moment but a plan formed in the girl's mind and she began to edge towards the right - as if considering Kavik's inky side as a target. 

When at last the Tonrar darted towards her husband, her body lied. She moved as if it were her every intention to attempt shoving him with her shoulders but the fae twisted away at the last moment - hopping lightly on three legs - to snap at his ankles and hopefully bring him crashing down, not unlike a falling tree. 

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik watched her consider him for a moment, assuming she was coming up with a plan. When she finally moved towards him, her body language lead him to believe she was aiming to strike his side but in a split second, she switched gears and went for his his ankles. The whole thing caught him a little off guard, and he stumbled a little as he attempted to move out of the way of her teeth. He was impressed with how she used her speed in her favor. 

He quickly settled back steadily on his feet and lunged towards his lithe mate. Just as she used her small size to her advantage, Kavik would do the same with his large mass. His goal was to throw his weight into her enough to pin her to the ground. Once he got an opponent there, it was hard for them to get out of his hold. He couldn't help but use less force than he normally would out of fear of hurting her, but he hoped it would still be enough.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She twisted beneath his frame - seeing no other way to combat his heavy weight. Kavik was much too big for her to just shove off, the only solution was to turn on her back beneath him. 

Her legs - the three that remained in use anyhow - raised of their own accord to press into his chest and underbelly. Liri dared not bury her claws into him, nor did she move her limbs beyond this, for fear of hurting Kavik. 

Her pale muzzle darted to the crook of his neck - her teeth burying into the tender flesh without breaking the skin. A small growl slipped from her jaws, and she nipped his jaw in challenge. 

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He succeeded in pinning her to the ground but soon felt her twist beneath him and place her legs against his underside. The feel of her teeth on the skin of his neck followed by a nip to his jaw and challenging growl made him freeze. He was a little unsure what to do here because he felt the challenge of the spar but he was also feeling a little aroused. Her scent and her moving under him and her little teeth in his neck--He moved from on top of her and shook out his coat before taking a defensive stance again. Sex wasn't why they were here; she had asked him to help her, and he needed to keep his mind in the right place. 

Kavik swallowed hard, hoping to collect himself so he could continue to teach her. He gave his wife a summoning look, encouraging her to make an attack on him again.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
One moment, Kavik was above her - just long enough for the fae to register the dark silhouette of him over her - and the next he was gone. 

Liri was left blinking in surprise, rolling onto her side to spot her mate nearby in the same defensive position from before. Her head cocked briefly, wondering if that meant she'd won that round or if she'd done something incorrectly.

Kavik said nothing, leading the sylph to follow suit. Silently, she got to her feet and padded closer, looking again for a fault in Kavik that would give her the upperhand. 

The healer bolted towards him - a white blur - dipping her head as if she would nip his flank only to dart away from him at the last second. 

The leader continued to do this, dancing around him with hopes of drawing him after her. If she could tire him out, perhaps she could gain some kind of advantage.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He supposed he should have explained his moment of confusion to her and told her that what she did was good, but his thoughts were a little jumbled and before he knew it, she was lunging at him again. This time, his mate made quick moves towards him and when he would try to counter them, she was gone and in another spot trying to make another move on him. They continued this dance for a few minutes, eliciting a frustrated huff of air from his nostrils.

Fueled by frustrated determination, he picked what he thought would be the perfect time and threw his weight into her incoming form, hoping to pin her again and take the upper hand from her. He wouldn't get distracted this time, for sure. If he could still muster enough force to bring her down, he would make sure to keep his sneaky little mate pinned.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Kavik trailed after her, his mass hindering him from moving quickly enough to catch up. She can hear his breathing grow harsh with frustration and despite her best efforts to keep a blank face, she smiles the tiniest bit. 

Once Kavik had grown accustomed to her quick, rapid movements, he surged forward. Liri knew that the impact was going to be harsh and braced for it. Still, the force of it was surprising as she was pinned to the ground, her legs giving under Kavik's strength. 

The breath was knocked from her with a jarring motion, her chest constricting painfully as she hit the ground. Instinct screamed for her to submit, to end the spar, but her leg snaked over Kavik's shoulder of its own accord as she began to struggle her way from beneath him - her jaws snaking forward to bite at his ears in retaliation. 

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Had he known just how hard he had forced her to the ground, Kavik would have immediately removed his weight from on top of her, but he was unaware and continued to hold her to the ground. She still managed to wriggle one of her legs free and drape it over his shoulder, giving her enough leverage to bit at is sensitive ears. He chuckled a little. Sneaky little thing, he murmured before moving his head around to her neck and attempting to gently take hold there with his teeth. His hope was to stop her from wriggling free anymore. She certainly knew how to use her size against his, which was good; she needed to get used to thinking that way in a fight.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Finally, with a bite to her scruff, Liri was forced to give up. 

She was unable to move with Kavik clamping down on her nape in such a manner and much like a pup, she went limp in his grasp and slumped to the ground where he had pinned her. 

The healer's tail thumped a happy beat against the ground - sensing that their spar was coming to an end. They were both growing fatigued, Liri could feel Kavik's broad side expanding against her own with each heavy breath. She whined softly, her ears flattening in submission, to signal her defeat. Once released, her pale crown turned towards her husband, sniffing him for any injuries she might have accidentally inflicted. 

Only when her worries had been abated by the lack of blood did she nuzzle into him, resting against his dark, sturdy side. "So, how'd I do?" She chirped with a wolfish grin as she cuddled up to her co-Alpha. 

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He felt her tail wag against the ground, saw her ears go back, and heard her submissive whine all indicating that she was yielding. He released her fur from his mouth and slid to her side as she checked him for wounds. She eventually snuggled into his side, and he began to lick the spot on her neck where his teeth had been, hoping to soothe any hurt he may have accidentally caused. When she asked how she had done, he smiled into her fur. You did very well. I like that you used your size and my size to your advantage. That move in the beginning where you went for my ankles was also a great move. You went right for one of my tender areas; if you had thrown some of your weight into me at the same time, you probably would have succeeded in knocking me down. He let her process the words as he went back to her neck, nuzzling the area now, deciding he preferred this much more to when he had the skin clamped in his jaws.

The first time I pinned you, you did a great job of maneuvering under me and placing your paws on my sensitive underside; I just got a little distracted. I apologize, he added, continuing to nuzzle her neck as he spoke.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri could feel Kavik respond to her attention, lavishing affection on her neck. There was no pain - she might have been bruised in a few places but the two had taken great pains not to hurt each other. Her head turned as nuzzled his cheek playfully in response. 

She settled down to listen, enjoying the grooming she was receiving between Kavik's words. She nodded, thinking to herself that using their size difference was the only way to beat someone like Kavik. He was so much larger and stronger that she had no other option. "Noted, next time I'll give you a good shove," she teased gently.

"That's alright," she chuckled, wondering to herself what had distracted him but too distracted by his ticklish nuzzling to ask.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Next time. Of course she wanted to do this again, and he didn't exactly blame her. She needed to be able to protect herself; it was just that it had been hard to view her as an opponent instead of his wife, but it seemed they would be repeating this activity in the future, so he would need to get over that. He would do it, though, simply because she desired it from him; he had discovered early on in their relationship that he had a really hard time telling her no when she asked something of him. Whether she was aware of it or not, he wasn't sure, but it was something he didn't think would ever change.

You know, you could have won had you just seduced me. You were already halfway there, he said, a low, rumbling chuckle vibrating his chest. Don't try that with anyone else, though, he quickly added, speaking against her fur before giving her neck a quick, possessive nip.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri hadn't questioned whether or not they would repeat this session. She couldn't learn how to defend herself in one day, it seemed reasonable to her that they would have to train together more often. She had nearly enough experience to claim a Mercenary trade should she ever decide to drop one of the two she had already acquired but still, the healer was no warrior. 

She blinked in surprise, coming to the realization that that was why her mate had been distracted in the midst of their spar. It hadn't occurred to her that he would perceive a threat to his vulnerable underbelly as something sexual. 

"Oops," she laughed, for she hadn't intended to seduce him as they fought. "That's likely why I didn't try it, it's not something I would attempt with a stranger." It almost seemed like an unfair advantage - to use her husband's attraction to her against him - and it wasn't a move she was willing to pull fighting any other opponent. 

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Wrap up?

He chuckled again. Well, good. Maybe I should be taking lessons from you, he teased. Clearly, she hadn't let her hormones distract her from their spar, and had he been sparring with anyone else, that most certainly would have been the case for him as well, but with his mate, he just couldn't help it. He wanted to help her learn how to fight, though, so he would need to keep is head in the right place next time.

Kavik slowly stood, careful not to jostle her as he moved. I still have some patrol left, he said as he stretched his muscular form. Join me? he asked with a raise of his eyebrow. He would love nothing more than his wife's company while he freshened the borders and checked to make sure nothing was out of place. He then turned towards the trees and stopped, waiting for her before heading towards the borders.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri laughed lightly at the idea - finding it amusing to even imagine her trying to teach him self defense. She merely shook her head, wordlessly denying any skill he joked about her having. 

She lifted herself off of him, allowing him to move, with a curious tilt of her head - unsure where he was going. A smile graced her feature at his words and with a quick shake of her damp, muddy coat, the healer padded after her mate with a wagging tail. 

With a glance to the dreary, overcast sky, Liri thought that it was the perfect day to spend at Kavik's side, patrolling their territory in the fresh air. 

Thanks for the thread!