Swiftcurrent Creek I guess I'm all you have, and I swear you'll see the dawn again.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Durnehviir had found no breathing space in the neighbouring woods, and so she returned to Swiftcurrent as darkness crept over the land. Despite the desire to be entirely alone, despite the weight of the world atop her narrow shoulders, she did not wish for her children to believe that she had abandoned them. They'd be safe beneath the watch of Aura and Whisper, she knew, but she was loathe to keep herself from them for too long.

She slipped through the darkness, careful in her stride as she weaved between the trees and came to realise just how exhausted she felt after the day's events. Constantine had ran from their troubles and the dragoness wished to as well. Her babies waited for her at home, however, and although she feared to break before them, they needed her as much as she needed them.

The sight of her firstborn was unexpected, and Durnehviir paused to regard him with solemn champagne eyes. Was he [i[looking[/i] for her? Guilt constricted her throat and, with a series of soft whimpers, she ducked her head and pressed forward to close the distance between them and reach out to press herself firmly against him.

everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains