Sleeping Dragon well, he talks like an angel but he looks like me
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
She had expected something different from him.  Perhaps anger or vitriol.  But no, that wasn't like Terance.  It couldn't be, not her sweet boy.  What he offered her instead cut her so deep she thought her quaking legs might not allow her to stand.

I still love you, too.  It was the truth; maybe they couldn't have what they'd had before, but she still loved him, and she always would.  I thought.. Everyone was starving, Ter.  And it was because of the children — our children.  And I couldn't watch everyone waste away and.. and resent us.  Nobody ever came to visit.  It was always just us.  The four of us, and Olive, and her kids.  And I thought maybe it would be temporary, that we could come back after the food had returned.

But with how everything had fallen, that was no more.  I thought that even if I couldn't convince you to come with me, I could always come home.  But I was stupid to think that it wouldn't change things.

She might have started crying, but that was what she always did.  The tears came but she didn't allow them to spill over.  You were always enough for me.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: well, he talks like an angel but he looks like me - by Seabreeze - October 28, 2018, 02:30 PM