Lone Star Mountain i asked your name, you asked the time
7 Posts
Ooc — Jess
WC: 1063 LAWL WAS SHADOWPOSTED TWICE <3<3

The more he wandered, the more the dog fox fixated on the few goals that he had for the remainder of the year. He had yet to find a vixen that was to his liking, and that was, naturally, his most prominent goal. Like any other beast on earth, the Todd needed to find a mate and multiply, to spread his genetics. Foxes were generally monogamous, as was he, though this would technically be his second mate if he was able to find one. Even the kits from his first litter had perished and though it had been painful, it didn't deter him at all from seeking out another opportunity to be a husband and a father. It seemed as though in these parts, there were a great deal of wolves, which meant that there would be fewer foxes as wolves were competition for meals- especially in the winter, when they were less picky and would go for smaller prey which was generally what he would hunt and eat. Winter was on its way, of course, and he had yet to stake out a territory which he liked, where he could create as many caches as he could, dig a den, and hopefully entice a vixen to stay with him. But with so many damn wolves about, finding a safe haven from them was difficult. None of his caches would be safe, nor would his potential mate and kits if a fox found them mid-winter. Though he was usually left to his own devices in spring, summer and fall, he knew that he would be just as good as a meal to a wolf as anything else- better, perhaps, given the fact that the wolf would be eliminating another predator and ensuring their own success.

He tracked others foxes here and there, but it was perhaps a bit early yet to expect a vixen to tolerate his company to any degree. He'd found one only a few days ago- she'd been a beautiful creature, but perhaps a bit on the thin side. She was also a tad exciteable, and had been all too eager for his liking. He of course had a hedonistic streak so he did enjoy spending some time with her, but he knew that she wouldn't be the one he wanted to bear his children. She was impulsive, and wasn't terribly wary of the wolves around- in fact, she'd almost been dismissive of them, and had found herself a den far too close to a pack for his liking. Finding her to be a bit of a ditz and not worth his time, he'd quietly excused himself one night and had left, reeling slightly. Compared to his previous mate, this one had seemed far too immature and impressionable, and incredibly gullible. All three qualities were detested by foxes, particularly the Todd who would not have anyone who couldn't see through his lies and deceit. He'd managed to convince that creature that if she ever saw a red and yellow toadstoll that she should eat it- and it would grant her excellent long distance vision. She'd accepted his words as the truth, and had said that they should go mushroom hunting together, to try and find one...It'd all been too much, so he'd left the simple, slim little vixen behind and had set out to try and find someone with a lot more potential than she had had.

Eventually, his journey brought him to cross paths with a young wolf- less than a year old, but hardly a helpless pup anymore- who had a sort of greyish pelt, though there was a tinge of some other colour that the Todd couldn't quite distinguish or describe, though she was a pretty little thing. She looked fairly confident and comfortable as she meandered along the mountain's base and he warily raised his head as though expecting harm to befall the young female from above...But the mountain range was calm and tame, and hardly making itself suspect to distrust whatsoever. No signs of a rockslide were present, though the wind had been high enough lately to possibly start one if a mountain goat went moseying along the wrong place and dislodged the rock that held the mountainside together altogether. He had never seen a rockslide, but wasn't particularly eager to see one either. Nevertheless, he seethed along, closing the distance between them and stopping every now and again to duck in cover and try to hide himself from view. He was excellent at this game, but he didn't want to stay hidden forever. He knew he could outmaneuver this wolf if he had too, and generally, the younger ones were more demure and less likely to take offense to his presence.

The muted grey wolf- perhaps a bit too dark for grey, but he still couldn't pinpoint the word 'lilac,' which would have described her perfectly- was then joined by two other young wolves, ones with striking markings as well. One seemed a bit quieter than the other, and had a fairly dark pelt on him except for his underside which was much lighter. Almost like a weasel in the summer, the Todd thought to himself. He was joined, soon thereafter, by another wolf- one with a patchy coat of cream and beige, and to the Todd's delight, she had mismatched eyes. There was something so delightfully unusual about her appearance that he found her quite charming. The Todd liked unusual, pretty and shiny things, so out of the three of them, he found his eyes trailing to her the most. He approached, but maintained a decent distance, so as to avoid getting himself in trouble if they decided to team up and chase him.

”You know,” He called out in a sing-song voice. ”This mountain here used to be a volcano once.” He informed her, looking up toward the jagged edges of the mountain's peak. It did resemble one, in the most picturesque sense- like the kind that children make for models, or draw when they're very young. It's peak wasn't quite sharp, but slanted, and could very well have had a crater, but of course, the Todd had never checked it out. ”Might want to be careful next time you decide to climb it,” He advised, with a firm nod. Of course, it was all malarky- but she wouldn't necessarily know that.
Messages In This Thread
i asked your name, you asked the time - by Eleuthera - November 01, 2018, 09:05 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Tux - November 01, 2018, 09:19 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Sequoia - November 01, 2018, 09:32 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by The Todd - November 01, 2018, 09:38 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Eleuthera - November 02, 2018, 09:37 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Tux - November 03, 2018, 09:54 AM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Sequoia - November 03, 2018, 11:21 AM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by The Todd - November 04, 2018, 02:08 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Eleuthera - November 05, 2018, 04:54 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Tux - November 15, 2018, 07:59 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Sequoia - November 21, 2018, 09:19 AM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by The Todd - November 22, 2018, 05:16 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Eleuthera - November 27, 2018, 12:46 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Tux - November 28, 2018, 08:09 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Sequoia - December 03, 2018, 09:46 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by The Todd - December 03, 2018, 10:20 PM
RE: i asked your name, you asked the time - by Eleuthera - December 06, 2018, 03:23 PM