Blacktail Deer Plateau the oncoming storm
330 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Just in case we're unclear - not tresspassing! "He did not breach the territory's fringe but he came close, testing the response of the pack that lived just beyond." But I'm sure he's happy to see so many warriors~

The scent of the territory border was powerful, and he knew to keep back from it but he still wanted to know more about the pack that resided on the plateau - or in the forest, he had no idea where they really lived as he'd just stumbled upon the area. Tulimaq paused in his strides to dip his head and investigate, but he didn't get a chance to inspect the marks too thoroughly before he was confronted by a number of wolves; they appeared swiftly and without fear, each carrying themselves defensively (as if a solitary wolf was really that much of a threat); had he been in a better mood he might've smirked, been charmed by the antics, but that wasn't going to happen. He raised his head back to its naturally poised position on the level with his shoulders, showing no bravado but also not backing down as two black wolves - and a pale female - showed up. But even then, he was silent and watching.

He listened as the first brought forth a question - one he might've answered, if not for their companion who cut in with their own appraising tone. This second wolf answered for him, and while that made Tulimaq's spine tingle he would not lash out. His gaze shifted from wolf to wolf, until the pale woman took hold of the situation, and then -- as if they didn't already have enough bodies gathered, a large black wolf lurched in to view, stopping by the pale woman. Both the large male and this petite white wolf held themselves with some esteem.

It was finally time for him to speak, or do something, he assumed. No other wolves came out of the woodwork but he lifted his head a little, craned his neck, as if to look around and behind the wall of wolves milling just on the other side of those markers he had begun to investigate. His tail frisked behind him once, as if to channel his frustration and expel it before he say something sharp-tongued.

After the final arrival spoke - something about an audience? As if he was here on purpose or had been waiting here for someone to find him, which was ridiculous - Tulimaq let the air go silent. He listened with tilting ears to the shifting of their bodies, to the sounds beyond them, and when nobody said anything he finally cleared his throat for use.

Oh, is it my turn now? He murmured, looking from wolf to wolf with a slide of his eyes. He was tempted to state answers to all their questions as pedantically as possible now that he was at the forefront of their attention and given leeway to speak, but instead he swept his eyes around those gathered and focused on the last to arrive, the clear alphas. I'm just a rogue. I came upon the scents in the forest that told me there was a pack nearby and I was curious. But if this is how you react — accosting mere travelers when they're nowhere near your home — I'll be on my way. Hell, they obviously weren't hurting for members.

Tulimaq had hoped to test them, but he was immediately dissuaded when faced with a wall of territorial garbage. The only wolf among them that looked even vaguely like they might be worth fighting was that larger male - the black-furred Alpha - but he wasn't about to issue a challenge.
Messages In This Thread
the oncoming storm - by Tulimaq - November 14, 2018, 01:26 AM
RE: the oncoming storm - by Corvus - November 14, 2018, 10:07 AM
RE: the oncoming storm - by RIP Issun - November 14, 2018, 10:18 AM
RE: the oncoming storm - by Síff - November 14, 2018, 12:21 PM
RE: the oncoming storm - by RIP Kavik - November 14, 2018, 12:47 PM
RE: the oncoming storm - by Tulimaq - November 14, 2018, 08:02 PM
RE: the oncoming storm - by Corvus - November 14, 2018, 09:44 PM
RE: the oncoming storm - by RIP Issun - November 21, 2018, 05:55 PM
RE: the oncoming storm - by Síff - December 05, 2018, 12:23 PM
RE: the oncoming storm - by Tulimaq - December 05, 2018, 03:57 PM
RE: the oncoming storm - by RIP Kavik - December 11, 2018, 02:53 PM