Heron Lake Plateau It’s a shame- it’s a crying shame them’s the brakes
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Lol wut, she was missing the point by miles.  Continents maybe.  Hell, most of his other questions were only tangentially related to Colt -- they were mostly over her other behavior at the time.  Guess she wasn't gonna find out.  Over an accident.  You exiled your mate over an accident.  What are you gonna do to a newbie who does the same thing thinking they're being heroic or something? Kill them?  Like wow, yeah. She'd gone a bit off the deep end.  Do you not see the underlying issues in all of this?  It almost seemed to amuse him in some frustrating way, but he'd completely given up now on trying to convince her.  It was like flipping a switch, he spoke without any anger -- maybe a little disappointment -- but it was probably the most conversational he'd been the whole time.  Pressure was off, he was less pointy.  She made her own decision.

It was almost laughable though.  She just seemed absolutely delusional in her grasp of the world, whatever rose-tinted glasses she had, they colored and warped reality beyond recognition.  He had significant seniority over her, through good and bad.  I was with this pack for at least half a year before even meeting her.  I fought a war for people that at the time I barely knew and you are asking if I'd defend it?  Do you even pay attention to history?  This is my pack.  He said it without emphasis, how anyone in any rank might.

We stepped up when nobody else wanted to.  Like I always have done, and I intend to keep doing that job -- you know, the one entrusted to me by Towhee when she felt she couldn't do it?  You don't trust her any more either?  Would you have run off without a word as alpha too? -- You need a break, because I'm pretty sure this is all your stress talking.  Go talk to Raven -- or someone else who's good that psychological crud, I don't care -- work out your issues with what happened to you and Screech and get back to me if you want your rank back by then.  You've been acting weirder and weirder recently and I'm not going to have you crack at anyone else, it's not fair to any of us.  And as far as he was concerned, that was that.  He'd be quite happy to turn and just walk off, but chances were she'd not really do that.  She'd probably run off to Towhee and cry some incredibly warped version of the truth at this point but oh well.  At least he could prepare for that.
Messages In This Thread
RE: It’s a shame- it’s a crying shame them’s the brakes - by Quixote - December 12, 2018, 01:08 AM