Tuktu Hinterlands Even if I knew you'd be my best and worst mistake
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Back to that.  Because he'd gone against her friend, because he'd had the audacity to seek the safety of a packmate; a sister no less.

He hadn't realized his words would echo with her on the Ambrose situation, but she took it that way, and he wasn't going to correct her.  Because yes.  He didn't understand that either.  You let him tell you no.  And you know what? If you had asked me? I would have gone, in a heartbeat, Quixote be damned.  Because I know where my priorities are.  That was an intentional dig.  Her propensity to back Towhee over him, come hell or high water, was another big part of this terrible mess. He didn't need her on his side unconditionally, but he needed her to at least consider it.  Something she didn't seem capable of.

You'll never convince me that protecting what I love is the wrong decision.  That going after a packmate in trouble is the wrong decision.  He was genuinely distressed, but his voice was firm, and there was a finality in his gaze as he looked at her.  I loved you too.  But I meant it.  I can't do this.  When things were good, they were so good.  But if this was going to be when it was bad? Her lashing out without even attempting to work things through, her refusing to compromise in even the most basic of ways... he deserved better and he wasn't settling for it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Even if I knew you'd be my best and worst mistake - by Colt RIP - December 16, 2018, 11:47 PM