Dragoncrest Cliffs i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
tldr: firefly is guarding the rear, using erzulies bright coat as a guide, and easily falls in line with his comrades; he doesnt know what he has gotten involved in but is easily swayed to help the witch-woman. once jb finishes this particularly good sandwhich this will be rewritten.

He was given one look from Illidan, and silently crept along with questions brewing in his mind, unsure of what the group required of him - and frankly, concerned for the boy and his mother. There was concern for Erzulie too but that did not ignite until she came in to view at the head of their little swarm, leading the Rusalkans away from their new home and in to the forest; it was here that things became clearer still, for there was Caiaphas, and the heady scent of another - Eurycrates - which made Firefly think, perhaps, he had chosen the wolves of the cliff over his new family. This thought made his golden spine spike, his usually awkard gait straighten as he picked up the pace and slipped after his allies. It wasn't until one call sounded, then another, that he understood how wrong his assumption was. The wolf had not turned on them. They were going to rescue Erzulie's lost one.

Firefly was naturally slower than the others, not as fleet of foot, and thought for a split-second he should turn around. He was keeping to the rear and used his ears more than his ruined eyes, knowing that he was an unfortunate weak point, but the more bodies the better. He knew very little about the pack on the cliffs save for what the interloper had shared - they had a commander, and their ilk were bold, brash things. Firefly did not question this effort openly but he felt doubt in his heart as the group ducked through the trees and made their way; he thought he saw bright eyes flashing between the trees, thought he smelled a feral musk unlike the aroma of wolves — but told himself he was merely imagining it, struggling through his fear of the woods.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same - by RIP Firefly - December 17, 2018, 05:42 PM