Sunbeam Lair as history goes on, i grow numb to its repetitions
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
The hare followed its brother, both panicked and fearing for their life, narrowly missing the snap of a dark brute's jaws as they scampered beneath him and sprinted towards the freedom of the wide open world beyond the cave. The beasts that had descended upon their warren were frightening and bloodthirsty, slaughtering indiscriminately. The attack had come without warning, the family scattered to the wild winds of the mountains these terrifying predators now called home.

One such predator spotted the flash of mousy brown streaking through the snow, carrying with it the scent of freshly split blood. Redshank crouched, readying himself, only to be bested by the much faster animal. Even in the deep snow it managed to halt its escape the moment it spotted the hungry Diasporian, its long legs propelling itself in the opposite direction just as quickly.

Swiping his tongue against his lips in anticipation, Redshank suddenly gave chase, following the hare the way it had came.

The scent of others — wolves and hares alike — hung heavy at the mouth of a cavern the terrified creature had led him to. And, along with it, the thick, metallic stench of blood. The Cairn's stomach rumbled and he plunged into the darkness, following the trail hungrily. There, he discovered the source, along with several other members of the pack, all greedily tearing into the veritable trove of delicious critters ripe for harvesting. The golden-furred woman had cornered them while the others picked them off one by one, and Redshank retreated some ways back to the entrance, acting the goalkeeper for any stray hares that managed to slip past the combined, snapping teeth of Takiyok, Thorn, and Mahler.
Messages In This Thread
RE: as history goes on, i grow numb to its repetitions - by Redshank - January 16, 2019, 07:26 AM