Totoka River cherry soul
Crabs?! Giant crabs?! That definitely sounded like a creature from his worst nightmares, ranking right up there with ponies and Bambi.
110 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Good to know, thanks!  ;)  And it shouldn't be a problem if you'd like to PP Driftwood here some, too, though he's admittedly not being all that, um, interactive right now. *snorts*

Driftwood was melting into a fuzzy puddle of resentment, his bones seeming to dissolve bit by bit into the ground as he tried very hard not to stare murderously in Teleklos's direction. The back of his head was stinging worse as time went on, which did very little to improve his mood—until Moorhen offered his skull a forgiving little lick there. Driftwood's whole mien brightened, and although he didn't quite smile, the furrows in his forehead evaporated and his half-tucked lifeless tail even reawoke with a few softly pleased thumps as Undersea's Akhlut moved to hover protectively over him. This made the whole experience just about worth it... just about. Despite the newfound openness of his face though he still shot the loner another furtive leery look. He was glad to next glance upward and see Moorhen's teeth flash in Teleklos's direction...less glad however as her tail waved in the stranger's direction and she stepped over and past Driftwood's slumped form to stand nearer the other, and then started inspecting the other's form, worse yet. Driftwood's muzzle wrinkled anew, but he slumped down to the sandy gravel he was staring at again without saying a word.

He resented the stranger's properly-shown deference to Moorhen (although really, given her obvious willingness to engage in some violence to get her point across, who wouldn't kowtow—but Drift resented the guy's wordless wisdom and discretion even so), and the sympathetic looks he was getting offered by the guy, and the way that he got to be closer to Moorhen right now than Drift, her pert black nose practically embedding itself in this guy's tail... Okay, fine, so there was very little about Teleklos that Driftwood didn't strongly resent right now, fair or not. The Seawolf's sour expression lightened a little as Moorhen stepped back; he flattened his ears and wagged apologetically at her warning glare. I'm behaving, see? I'm not threatening him. I'm being NICE, even if it just about chokes me to do so... Still sulky, but cooperative enough. Hopefully. For his sake.

Particularly while Moorhen was looking at Teleklos instead, Driftwood began to quietly ooze his way across the cold ground, keeping his belly hugging the earth but moving one paw at a time in what he hoped was a subtle fashion to get closer to Moorhen again. And maybe even between the two of them once more, if he was fortunate...though Moorhen had made her displeasure pretty clear, and if she so much as looked at him he wouldn't move to physically intervene. In-between these little scoots though, he backed up Moorhen's words with a surly little corroborating: Wheeling Gull Isle. Normally he'd indicate a direction and offer a few more relevant details—but he didn't feel like it today, kthxbai. Besides, Moorhen had already told this jerk the location of their top-secret base with the point of a nose, now hadn't she.

But see? SEE? I'm playing nice even so. I've even talked to him now. A little. ...And so now you can send him away. UGH. Slowly-creeping Driftwood glanced warily back, to make sure Moorhen's tail was still reasonably affably in motion. He bit his tongue and held his growls in check as his eyes swung back nearer Teleklos.
Messages In This Thread
cherry soul - by Moor - January 15, 2019, 11:07 PM
RE: cherry soul - by Teleklos - January 16, 2019, 12:29 AM
RE: cherry soul - by Moor - January 16, 2019, 01:04 AM
RE: cherry soul - by Teleklos - January 16, 2019, 12:37 PM
RE: cherry soul - by Moor - January 16, 2019, 12:57 PM
RE: cherry soul - by Driftwood - January 16, 2019, 11:44 PM
RE: cherry soul - by Teleklos - January 17, 2019, 11:50 PM
RE: cherry soul - by Moor - January 18, 2019, 12:39 AM
RE: cherry soul - by Driftwood - January 18, 2019, 09:01 PM
RE: cherry soul - by Teleklos - January 19, 2019, 12:59 PM
RE: cherry soul - by Moor - January 19, 2019, 01:41 PM