Swiftcurrent Creek I keep you warm and won't ask you where you've been
dreamer trapped by your desire
272 Posts
Ooc —
Though @Ruenna's treatment has helped greatly, Alessia has found herself reluctant to bother the woman often; her nausea is near constant, and the state she's been in has ensured she's generally far too exhausted and anxious to retain any new information, so she's had trouble finding the root herself. She'd run out of what Ruenna had given her just a few hours ago; now, she's trapped in a horrible waiting game. She's certain she'll eventually feel less anxious about approaching the former Beta.
Unfortunately, it seems that Kavik has found her in the mean time. She stiffens slightly at his approach, rising and stepping back from her latest crime scene as he approaches. The scent of fresh food follows him, intensifying her nausea for a moment; she can't help but feel grateful when he seems to realize his error. He seems fairly intent on feeding her, and she finds it sweet, if suffocating — it's clear he's reaching desperately for the few things he can do to help. She's thought a lot about the things Ruenna had said to her — about Kavik's intentions, mainly. And about his mate. His former mate. The pieces have come together, and she can't help but feel... really guilty; he'd been grieving, vulnerable when she'd approached him. No wonder he hadn't expressed any interest at first.
Of course, her anger still lingers in several ways. When her gaze finds him, it is with cool indifference; a facade, and perhaps a poor one, but she finds it easier than anger's all-consuming heat. You didn't tell me you had a mate, She says calmly, ignoring his apology entirely. She wants answers — and hopefully a reason to stop being so angry. She's tired.
"Common" | "French"
Messages In This Thread
RE: I keep you warm and won't ask you where you've been - by Alessia - January 25, 2019, 03:36 PM