Shadewood shake your bones
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
What had presented itself to her in a flurry of gasping was not what she had anticipated.

Breathless, stuttering, and then gone. His shadowed body collapsed to the frozen earth, and the empress swept her gown forward in hurry to his side, any fraction of defensive caution cast away to the wind - she didn't care if this caused her trouble, there was a young boy in need, cut off from whoever he called family. For now, with whatever transpired next, she would give herself over to aid him, coyote and stolen prey forgotten. "Hey," came the voice that fled her lips, void of malice and stuffed with warmth. Her stomach bubbled with concern, but the snowbird willed herself not to tremble at the sight. "Shh, hey, I'm not going to hurt you, alright? It's okay. I promise," feigned confidence was all she could produce.

His lack of ability to breathe shook her deep to the core... she'd seen it before. In herself. In others. The lack of control you had, when pressed to the ground and heaving, head dizzy and mind whirling, was one of the most horrible experiences to befall anyone, let alone a youngster - so she tried her best. "It'll be over soon," she crooned to him, leaning down so she was close but failing to touch him; it might have triggered something further. "Breathe slowly. In... out... in... and out, don't rush, everything will be just fine."

She prayed it would.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
Messages In This Thread
shake your bones - by Gwen - January 27, 2019, 08:39 AM
RE: shake your bones - by Tye - January 27, 2019, 04:51 PM
RE: shake your bones - by Gwen - January 30, 2019, 02:37 PM
RE: shake your bones - by Tye - February 04, 2019, 09:04 PM
RE: shake your bones - by Gwen - February 05, 2019, 01:37 PM
RE: shake your bones - by Tye - February 10, 2019, 06:03 PM
RE: shake your bones - by Gwen - February 11, 2019, 11:47 AM