Hushed Willows [festival] if my heart were a turntable
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet was a little puzzled by Charon's statement, and if he knew the thoughts in Charon's mind, he would have been moreso. Gannet's mindset had room for two relationships, for the most part - friend or not. Friends were those who welcomed your company most of the time and not were those who did not want to be around you. Moonspear had situated itself so firmly in the second camp that nothing big enough had happened to place them in the first. Not even their final conversation, because it had been Gannet searching for a confirmation that, of itself, had never come. Always a servant, never family.

But what puzzled him now was Charon's insistence that he had decided this. I asked. He said, confusion clear in his pale eyes. You said I could go. He'd told Hydra he would come back, yes, but he hadn't meant he would come back to live. It wasn't a distinction he'd realized, then or now, he needed to draw.

You're upset? He asked, feeling like that was the case but needing to confirm it. He hadn't meant for that to be the case, and for a minute he considered apologizing. Something new stopped him though.... somewhere out in the wilds with Whip, he'd learned that it was okay to want things for himself and not always for others. He was happy in the Hollow. He couldn't apologize for that.
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)
Messages In This Thread
[festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - February 20, 2019, 12:26 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - February 22, 2019, 02:19 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - February 23, 2019, 12:57 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 02, 2019, 03:40 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - March 04, 2019, 01:40 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 05, 2019, 05:44 AM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - March 06, 2019, 09:07 AM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 09, 2019, 04:07 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - March 10, 2019, 11:12 AM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 10, 2019, 04:38 PM