Snowforest Taiga how can you ever learn what isn't shown
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
"It sounds like a nice place to live, I've always liked the beach and sea. I probably would like it there if we ever visit again." Cadeau could recall spending days alone by the beach at her old home, playing in the ocean, climbing cliffs and chasing crabs and seagulls along the sandy shore. "Sand gets everywhere though. You can't just lick that stuff off but you probably already know that. I've nicked my tongue more times than I'd like to count." 

Cadeau perked her ears as Illidan went into more detail about his siblings, now tacking on two other brothers to the list. Four siblings was quite a lot for Cadeau who had only gotten Lumikki growing up, she wondered what having that many siblings was like. Though for Illidan it seemed to have brought him more grief than happiness.

She rested a paw on his in a comforting gesture, hoping the display didn't bother him. "You don't have to talk about them if you don't want to. I understand there are things in the past that hurt. Don't feel like you need to delve deeper than you want to." Cadeau's voice implied that she didn't mean just his hesitation over going deeper into his brothers but as well as other things that his past troubled him with. If there were boundaries he didn't want crossed, Cadeau would respect that. She could tell his intentions werenot to bear any soul shattering history and it was not her place to force it out of him if he was not comfortable delving into it. Cadeau knew she wore her heart on her sleeve but it did not mean Illidam did as well, especially if he'd been hurt deeply before. If she wanted his trust she would earn it with kindness and patience. 

"If you do want to talk about it, whether it be now or someday much farther along the line, my door is always open to it. We will be depending on each other and its important we be there for one another in the trying times. Its what partners are for," Cadeau added in a gentler tone. They weren't friends yet but they at least had a partnership, so she felt it was the most appropriate wording. They would get there when they got there. Perhaps one day they could develop a companionship where he felt comfortable enough to want to tell her of things that ensnared his heart. "I just want you to know that. Okay, Illidan?"

She pulled her paw away after several moments to let the words sink in first. "That's probably true, though in my case it seemed like it just gave my brother the excuse to cling a lot to me and mama," Cadeau chortled, in the past she had played defender and provider for Lumikki, often protecting and leading her brother during their youth. "He found his own wings eventually."

She shrugged her shoulders at his inquiry, the girl trying to keep the emotions out of the words to come. Cadeau would take a page from his book and try to keep it factual. "I complicated his life, I sorta hope he doesn't miss me. He's better off without me there. What's important to me is that he's safe with mama." She did miss him but she couldn't realily do much about it. Especially when how much their relationship degraded near the end because of their wolf heritage and peers.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Messages In This Thread
how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 09, 2019, 03:18 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 21, 2019, 12:50 AM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 21, 2019, 04:57 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - March 28, 2019, 05:29 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 01, 2019, 07:43 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 04, 2019, 07:50 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 05, 2019, 11:09 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 06, 2019, 12:12 AM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 06, 2019, 12:26 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 06, 2019, 01:11 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 11, 2019, 05:03 PM
RE: how can you ever learn what isn't shown - by Cadeau - April 23, 2019, 08:04 PM