Stavanger Bay It must be true, the pains are only half the battle. (birthing thread)
128 Posts
Ooc — Kat
slight pp of mama cleaning her off & nudging her to nurse. let me know if you'd like anything changed ama! <3

quellcrist's current place of residence was pretty great. it was always warm. it was a little cramped but she made do — often by stretching out and kicking her mother in the pelvis. there were others in the residence too. she couldn't see them but she could feel them, bumping into them when she stretched too much or kicked ( because exercise was important, y'know ). until one day it stopped being great. first, there were these awful tremors and then there was this pressure all around her cozy little sac, pressing in on her as she was unwillingly evicted.

you best believe she was going to write an angry letter as soon as she got out!

quellcrist's first breath of air is taken as her sac is broken and she wails out a warbling, ghastly screech that would put a banshee to shame. her complaint is followed timely by the smooth of elixir's tongue along her back. she shivers beneath the soothing draw as she's cleaned of pieces of her broken sac and fluids. there's something extremely pleasant about it and she lets out a soft coo. the bath is too short in quellcrist's opinion because the moment she rolls her head for more attention — bathe my ears again! — she's being nudged towards her mother's flank.

the babe pokes against elixir's side with a huff, instinct guiding her to gum at her mother's fur until she finds what would be her next source of life for a time and latches onto it, suckling furiously until warm and sweet mother's milk flows and the seireeni is quieted and content.
Members of Sagtannet are welcome to power-play Quellcrist (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not she's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!