Wapun Meadow open my chest and color my spine
i must become a lionhearted girl
12 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
All Welcome 
she wouldn't go far from Easthollow. whatever happened had happened. if she was accepted, she'd be loathed to leave for long periods of time and for long distances. if she was rejected, Winnie would move further inland in hopes of finding a pack. she'd senselessly wander until she found a place that gave her a home. due to her lack of knowledge, she'd head west, away from the stone pillars. the name of this meadow was not known but she found it peaceful enough. she'd lay down among the spring bloom, resting her head below the flower stock.

and so she would snooze gently, her red coat the only thing standing out among the mostly white flowers. if she had a mind to pick them out by type, she would be spending hours here trying to identify each foliage. it was a good thing she was raised in a northern climate, so she knew most of the plants' names in the Teekons. but the girl still had much to learn. she'd rest for now and carry on best she could. woefully without care until a cause came for one for once. the meadow was lovely and she was so sleepy from her travels.
0/5 0/5
major focus on children, therapy, plants, and the ecosystem
winnie has androphobia and encounters with male characters will spook her
do not take this personally.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

The pale man found himself flipping between two very intermittent mentalities. Some moments the very thought of separating from Nanook frightened Siarut to his very core. However, on the other hand he felt as though he had to get away, to protect her and protect everyone around him from himself.

One of the these turns, Siarut had stolen away from Nanook, telling her he needed a moment before they ventured closer to her sisters territory. He was still torn on the idea of joining a pack, but he smiled at the joy Nanook portrayed as they drew closer. He swallowed his insecurities, and the dark murmurings that lurked in the dredges of his mind.

Wapun Meadow was a beautiful and peaceful place. A place where he had found happiness before and was glad to rest for a few days. As he wandered the area, reacquainting himself with the open landscape, his keen green gaze caught the red pelted lady napping in the sun. With a tilt of his head he drew closer, but remained at a safe distance, his own wariness firmly rooted in his soul. Clearing his throat so as not to startle them, he waited for them to respond.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

12 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
idiotic to do but... she was perhaps safer than many other women snoozing alone in a meadow. not yet mature, her heat had not come and therefore her hormones were not giving off desirable readings. she was still a child in every sense of the word. Winona's eyes would flutter open, picking up a strong scent near her. her head would rise, catching sight of the man standing a few paces away. her first reaction was to run.

run long and hard. but fear kept her rooted. fear kept her staring openly at the man, eyes dangerously wide. if he was looking for her to talk first, he'd be mistaken. the girl's mouth would open a few times, forming wordless sentences before shutting. she gave an odd squeak before that, some half-yelp and half-chuff. deep down she knew what it looked like. that it was so rude - her mother would be so upset if she saw her now - and so disrespectful to the man. he had done nothing to her. 

yet her mind circled to, causing a frightened Winnie to begin to back away.
0/5 0/5
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Startled the woman jumped from her prone position, and looked ready to dart. Siarut retreated a few steps, his heart pounding. He was expecting such a sudden movement, and his gaze darted around looking for unseen dangers. Was it a trap? What happened? Slowly he realized the fear in her gaze, and understood what had frightened her.

Dipping his head and making himself look smaller, Siarut kept his keen gaze on her incase she decided to attack. He was weary of fearful women, no matter how young. “I had no intention of startling you.” He spoke only as loud as was necessary, drowning out the taunting voices in his mind as they tormented him with this setback. It had been some time since any were outright fearful of him. It was a reputation he used to seek, often thought of as the muscle within his family. Now though, the broken man preferred to hide away and avoid conflict wherever possible.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

12 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"I-I'm sorry" she burst out, lowering her gaze to the ground. he seemed a bit understanding if anything but... his gender did not help the situation. Winona still felt rooted to the ground, having backed up a few paces to give herself a nice breathing room. her tone was soft as she went on. "I... I'm not used t-to, um, many people." it wasn't fair to the guy, she knew. which was why she was trying to make an effort. she'd given the people at Easthollow the same excuse, feeling it was very rude to point out just because he was a man she didn't want him near her. 

she wasn't even 'built' for children yet. why was she so nervous? well... she knew why. being a captive did that to you. as the vultures stared at you, sizing you up, making inappropriate comments as they assaulted your mother - oh gods why was she thinking about these things now? Winona felt a whimper escape. "y-you" she went on, trying to awkwardly smile "you just... startled me. t-that's all." try, girl. try to be a good one. try to be social. be friendly. be open-minded.
0/5 0/5
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

nice new avatar

Nodding slowly, Siarut reclined, sitting where he was. Hoping that maybe if he relaxed — or at least pretended to relax — that she too would unwind. “It’s ok. I apologize, I should have left you alone.” Turning his green gaze away he looked at the surroundings, and back toward the way he had come, wondering if he should just return to Nanook.

“I can leave if you’d like.” Although he tried to be friendly, he had a hard time at pretending emotions, and the man was rarely very friendly these days. Only really speaking with Nanook. And even then, he had a hard time. Of course she wants you to leave, she’s just like everyone else. A voice spoke to him, taking on a tone disturbingly similar to his father.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

12 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
ooc; thank you kindly!

"n-no" she'd shake her head, knowing logically the only way for her to get over this phobia was exposure. constant exposure. as much as she hated to place herself in anxiety-induced ways, Winnie realized she'd only get better if she socialized with the right people. "it isn't y-your fault" the man before her now was at least understanding and not outwardly offended by her stutters. she didn't recline, still unsure of his presence, but at least she told him he didn't have to leave. "puh...please. stay. it's fine. I-I'm Winona." she offered him her name to try and distract herself.
0/5 0/5
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Her words and her demeanor were telling two different stories. Siarut wasn’t sure which to listen too, but decided she understood herself best, listening to her words he nodded lightly. “Siarut.” He offered, apparently today was not a good day.

Looking at her quizzically, “Am I really that scary?” Although his query had a hint of amusement, his tone did not. The large man was serious.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

12 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
shock would enter her face, a nervous twitch of her tail accompanying it, at his latter words. she barely registered the name in favor of focusing entirely on what he had spoken. Winnie's face shot down to the earth, a creeping fluster on her cheeks. "it's... not you" she tried to keep her voice level as she replied, for the man was owed an explanation for her constant anxiety. "I-I mean, it's y-you but... not" if she was a bold woman, the girl would have pointed out it was his sex tools and nothing more. "I'm sorry. I... I'm scared of men." she uttered softly, a mere whisper. autumn gaze shut tight, fearful of his reaction to her admittance.
0/5 0/5
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

He was slightly confused by her words, how was it him and yet not him, as she continued, he tried to grasp the concept. His jaw dropped, assuming the worst, and understand with a sad frown. “I see.” Sia whispered gently, “I’m sorry.” Dropping his head he stared at his paws.

“If it helps, I won’t hurt you.” Not that he expected it would, but he couldn’t think of anything else to say. He wouldn’t ask why, not wanting to push to hard. “What are you doing out here anyway?” Normally someone with such a fear wouldn’t wander far from home, but even at this distance he could tell there was little scent upon her, if she was part of a pack it was surely recent.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

12 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"t-thank you..." it didn't help, but she appreciated it. someone could tell you easily that they won't hurt you, only for them to hurt you a lot. but because of his relaxed and non-threatening stance, the fur along her shoulders fell slightly. but only slightly. he seemed to understand and she was glad for that. Winnie didn't want to launch into that uncomfortable situation any time soon. "I, um" the girl would reply stupidly before elaborating "it's nice h-here. I wanted a break..." from her travels, from Easthollow. she looked around them, a soft smile reaching her eyes. "y-you can really appreciate i-it in spring."
0/5 0/5