Whitefish River Out of the dark
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She had fooled herself into believing that she was ready to just focus on the day to day, the survival aspect of life instead of the life she had dreamed of, a family with a husband to tend to and children to raise. She had believed that she could be someone who would focus on what needed to be done instead of what she wanted to do or what was right to do even if it made no sense. She lied to herself though, a thought she realised as she focused on not moving, not scaring the silver fish away with even the slightest movement. She would always probably crave friendship and it showed by how she abandoned her food just to try and catch a meal for a hungry sister. 

The fish grew closer and she exhaled slowly, her muzzle trembling slightly with the effort of keeping so still when her muscles hummed with anticipation. Then the female sidled up beside her and the flash of silver darted farther away, though it remained close enough for Lilah to know it was still curious. She flicked her ears slowly to show she had heard what was said and then softly began to speak "The rabbit was a gift. I had help. Fishing...well i...I manage" she didn't want to say she sucked at it because it would make her look bad. The proximity and compliments of the stranger had made her nervous and as the fish darted closer she lost her composure and lunged, her jaws snapping closed around empty water. She had failed in front of someone who had been watching for her to succeed. Her ears flattened back and she ducked her head, backing away slowly "Sometimes. I manage sometimes.." she looked back at her rabbit and turned to move back to it, now feeling mortified and wanting to leave.
Messages In This Thread
Out of the dark - by RIP Tzila - April 07, 2019, 09:23 PM
RE: Out of the dark - by Lilah Silverback - April 07, 2019, 10:29 PM
RE: Out of the dark - by RIP Tzila - April 08, 2019, 06:35 PM
RE: Out of the dark - by Lilah Silverback - April 10, 2019, 08:01 PM
RE: Out of the dark - by RIP Tzila - April 10, 2019, 08:24 PM
RE: Out of the dark - by Lilah Silverback - April 10, 2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Out of the dark - by RIP Tzila - April 14, 2019, 08:06 PM
RE: Out of the dark - by Lilah Silverback - April 15, 2019, 09:36 AM
RE: Out of the dark - by RIP Tzila - April 16, 2019, 07:32 PM
RE: Out of the dark - by Lilah Silverback - April 16, 2019, 08:11 PM
RE: Out of the dark - by RIP Tzila - April 25, 2019, 01:55 PM