Northstar Vale the shrike to your sharp and glorious thorn.
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
-- where is everyone? called an unfamiliar but pleasing voice, and he turned to see the approaching stranger with his familiar agouti coat; he was not familiar but something about the mottled composition of his fur struck a chord and Yellowbelly felt something stir in his fluttering chest. Yet the more they spoke the more that feeling waned, and he had to assume they were as alien to him as everyone else. Soon after that he spotted a pale figure approaching and assumed they were together; different compositions but potentially travel buddies, and while the ghostly figure drifted closer Yellowbelly resumed his observations.

The valley depths danced around him in the spring light, and eventually he shook his head to the queries, defeated. I am not sure. There are markings here, like someone is settled -- but if they are here, they don't seem to want my company at least.

Then the pale wolf interjected - casually claiming that his friend was the one to frighten off the claimants, which drew Yellowbelly's attention and caused him to frown at the two of them. Was that a joke? He couldn't really tell - the ghost sounded smug. He wasn't sure how he felt about that; then again, maybe it was his own doing - perhaps in another life Yellowbelly had done something to warrant being abandoned in a place that screamed with familiarity. I think I... might've lived here once. A long time ago.

He was still frowning as he watched the trees and glorious open sky, but went quiet  with this admittance.
Messages In This Thread
the shrike to your sharp and glorious thorn. - by Larus - April 15, 2019, 06:32 PM
RE: the shrike to your sharp and glorious thorn. - by Larus - April 17, 2019, 10:52 AM