Ravensblood Forest you can't wake up this is not a dream
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau watched Illidan with hooded eyes as he emptied the contents of her pitcher plant, merely focusing on him and her breathing, she needed to make sure she stayed concious or else there wouldn't be much her friend could do for her. He found the comfrey and Cadeau was glad it didn't take long, the herb would help reduce the swelling going on with the wound and her body, kind of like an epi pen when someone was having an allergic reaction. It would buy her some time.

Sympathy swelled in her chest at the faces he was making, she knew the herbs weren't the most tasteful of things but it was what needed to be done. Cadeau knew it was often she had him test the effects of herbs, only tiny dosages, she really owed him one for all the medical abuse she was putting him through. She felt the herbal paste splat onto her wounded foot, Cadeau feeling the effects of the anti-swelling agent kicking in a minute or two later. Illidan pushed another bit of comfrey towards her and Cadeau reached forward with a shaky movement to take the plant into her mouth. She chewed it quickly, twisting into a wince herself at the bitter taste. At least now she could properly breathe.

Cadeau let her cheek rest against the ground, zoning out for a long moment as she blankly stared ahead. Dark edges crept into her vision and Cadeau blinked her eyes furiously to clear it, turning back to look at Illidan. Dizzily, she kept telling herself over and over again she needed to keep awake and focused. Keep looking at Illidan, he's right there, ignore everything else... 

At his question, the sharpness of his voice woke her right up again. "Rattlesnake Master... its a spikey looking flower, kinda like a white dandelion, that... smells a lot like a carrot... It counteracts snake poison." Cadeau looked at her scattered collection of herbs and felt a pang of fear swell in her chest, hadn't she picked up the rattlesnake master on a previous trip? There wasn't any rattlesnake master among the plants and Cadeau willed the rising panic back with a shudder.

There would be some rattlesnake master on the trail behind them... how far back Cadeau wasn't exactly sure. The comfrey would buy her some time, if Illidan could go find the herbs... "Illidan... Stormy," she began, bringing up the nickname to try keeping a sense of normalcy and calm to the situation. "You have to backtrack and... find the rattlesnake master. It shouldn't be... far. The comfrey will kick in and hold me until you get it."

She smiled at him. "I'll be okay."
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Messages In This Thread
you can't wake up this is not a dream - by Cadeau - May 16, 2019, 04:56 PM
RE: you can't wake up this is not a dream - by Cadeau - May 18, 2019, 02:17 PM
RE: you can't wake up this is not a dream - by Illidan - June 11, 2019, 11:31 PM
RE: you can't wake up this is not a dream - by Cadeau - June 11, 2019, 11:56 PM