Ravensblood Forest you can't wake up this is not a dream
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau couldn't help the breathy sort of chortle that fell out of her trembling lips and heaving lungs, trying to latch onto anything to keep herself grounded despite the cold terror chilling her bones. In a way, the words comforted her despite the hard lines on his face following them. She saw him begin to rush off into the direction she instructed him to, where she hoped her memory was serving her justly of the location the rattlesnake master plant was. His dark form grew smaller and smaller, and with it her courage. Her eyes dropped heavily as she stared ahead at the distance, almond eyes unmoving from where Illidan had run off to.

Her body convulsed again painfully, rippling through her like she were jelly. Cadeau let her head loll back, weakly panting and quivering. You would think that in this moment she would begin to think on regretting this journey with Illidan, call him a jinx and yell at her past self for ever agreeing to this arrangement. After all, there wouldn't be a snake bite in the equation. However the only regret she felt was that she might not see the journey to its end, that somehow she would perish without finding her purpose in this world. Was there even a purpose? Would the universe really be that cruel? Cadeau thought in a burst of clarity through the venomous haze. She felt enclosed by darkness, shaking and screaming into its depths to let her go.

Another regret popped it's way into her head a moment, making Cadeau breathe out shakily at its intrusion. I might never figure out what this... feeling really is. The strange emotion that began nosing it's way through what was a fondness for her friend, one she was convinced couldn't possibly be real or logical to chase like prey in the hunt. She thought it strange the way it pushed itself into her heart in this moment, she had other things to worry about... not puppy love.

A voice whispered to her from the roots of her mind, so far back Cadeau had to strain to hear it. You are a jinx, its fitting you meet this kind of ending. You were lucky that day with the rifle...

Another voice joined it in its jeering, Cadeau jerking her head in its non existent direction ss if it were crooning into her ear. Yes, you should have joined your father in his grave. Instead your bad luck rubbed off on him. 

Cadeau shut her eyes tightly, suffering with a low whimper. "Stop it... leave me alone..." She could feel them coming closer, physically lurking nearby with teeth bared and eyes glinting. If she looked close enough she could see they too had brown fur and brown eyes...

Your family would still be together if not for you.

Snowy would still be alive. 

You were better off never born.

You are burdening him, he isn't coming.

He would rather be anywhere than here now.

Illidan only stays because he feels sorry for you.

Her blood was on fire and her heart beat frantically in her chest, Cadeau could only hear the ringing of her ears and the voices that suddenly no longer sounded so real, as if they were spoken in some tongue she never heard of. For a moment they disappeared into a puff of smoke, Cadeau limply aware that someone else had come, chasing the bad things away. Eyes unfocused, Cadeau saw Illidan had returned. Relief swelled up in her chest, feeling akin to golden light on its warmth. "You... came back," she couldn't help but say, voice weak but tight in its emotion. Her eyes watered in a feverish way.

Cadeau saw the rattlesnake master dropped in front of her but for some reason she couldn't remember why it was important. She was too happy to see his face again, Cadeau not moving at all. 

Why did he bring me that? I... I cant remember. I feel weird... maybe if I rest... Cadeau let her eyes close momentarily with a shiver. A chill brandished down her spine through the uncomfortable heat that burned her blood. "I'm cold..." she uttered. "Tired..."
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Messages In This Thread
you can't wake up this is not a dream - by Cadeau - May 16, 2019, 04:56 PM
RE: you can't wake up this is not a dream - by Cadeau - May 24, 2019, 12:42 AM
RE: you can't wake up this is not a dream - by Illidan - June 11, 2019, 11:31 PM
RE: you can't wake up this is not a dream - by Cadeau - June 11, 2019, 11:56 PM