Whitefish River i cannot bear this
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
for @Sindri :) @Evergreen @Morgan (for reference/visibility)

The images crept upon her when she was most vulnerable, in the throes of sleep. Faces remained in shadow, malicious silhouettes that evaporated upon waking - fleeing behind the walls of her amnesia where she could not see them. 

An ochre-pelted girl, sister, bleeding in the snow - gutted by an ursine. 

A man as dark as night, a trickster who forced the child into abusive marriage: Liri pinned to the earth by her stepson, claws slicing along the breadth of her ribcage like trails of fire. 

A tawny man of good looks, a leader and brother, who married her off like chattel. 

A fire-forged fiend who tore her apart from inside out, leaving her in the dirt like she was nothing

The dove wakes with a start, dark eyes - nearly black in the night - flying open to wheel wildly, scanning the darkened den with panic. 

The dream fades and she sighs wearily, scrubbing her pale features against her foreleg as her heart thrums within her chest. With a shove, she lifts to her uneven amount of paws and pads to the entrance. She pulled the summer air into her breast with greedy inhales, pelt stirring faintly in the cool breeze. 

She knows Evergreen (or Morgan perhaps) will be keeping watch over the dozing recruits, over the still hours of the night. The ghost glides from the encampment on silent paws, wishing to disturb none with her damage. 

The anxiety simmers under her flesh, coiling against her skin as it seeks escape. Her nose and paws tingle numbly as she pads into the darkness - pointed to the River - leftover remnants of a panic attack. 

Gravel shifted and crunched softly underfoot as the blanchard escaped the trees, leaving them behind to curl upon the banks with her body held hunched close together - as if to protect herself. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

24 Posts
Ooc — Lullaby
Away
do I do anything but phone posts anymore? Sorry for the wait!
there was someone she had to find, the bear of man had told her that he had been traveling with someone else. that was easy to tell. her perfume clung to his fur but that is not what bugged her, it was the state he had said she had been in when he found her. a woman in white, bleeding from the head and without memories of who she was. amnesia, likely caused from a fall of great heights as well as a blow to the head. that was her medical analysis before even seeing the woman that had been recovering. in the tiny healer's grasp were a variety of herbs, some were for pain but there was one for sleep. sometimes head injuries jarred something to ruin your internal clock, sometimes sleep escapes you completely.

when she saw the snow colored ghost she now knew why the perfume that clung to evergreen smelled so familiar. Sun colored eyes noticed the freckles and spray of spackling over her tail and scruff. it was LIRI. hadn't she been trying to recruit her for her pack? sindri was going join her, help her establish her claim before she found the group of wolves that surrounded a dying man. before the day she met evergreen and she had to help him. she was the injured wolf, would she remember her?

a cuffing sound escaped between her filled teeth, stopping a respectable distance away not to startle the woman without memory before gently placing the herbs to the ground and speaking. "fallegur .." she spoke softly the first thing she ever her called the woman, she had made sindri blush that first meeting. calling her language beautiful, she blushed now at the thought. an idea came then as she spoke the exact same way she had when they met. maybe this would help her remember her.

"góðan daginn fallegur..." a smile played on her lips before she corrected herself in the small way. "Ah, sorry. I mean, good morning.. hmm.. evening actually.. [hover=lovely]fallegur"

stað þar sem þú tilheyrir
common  icelandic
hover for translation
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The fallen leader stifled a flinch, muscles tensing as she peered over her shoulder to locate the source of the soft noise. She turned at the sight of Sindri, silent as her dark eyes scanned over her familiar face. She could place no name to the woman though she felt she knew her somehow. She radiated compassion, gentleness, and the girl who'd once been Liri could only liken her to a ray of sunlight embodied. 

"Who are you?" The damaged fae asked, not unkindly, as she tiptoed forward to sniff at the woman's pelt curiously. She smelt of Evergreen, of forests and wildflowers, of sunshine and summer. 

"You... you're..." She stumbled ungracefully over their connection, which remained just out of grasp - a sentence on the tip of her tongue that she'd begun to speak but had lost words. 

"Forgive me," she sighed at last, leaning back as she rested upon her haunches. Dark eyes fell shut momentarily as she warded off the headache that came with trying to remember. "I don't remember."

"I'm sorry if I woke you," 
she apologized further, "I didn't expect anyone else to be about at this hour." 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."