Heron Lake Plateau the talk™
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Rannoch took it surprisingly well, asking no questions about her reasons for wanting to make such a move and hopping right onboard with little hesitation. She peered sidelong at him a bit skeptical. Not that she believed he would mislead her, but more that she thought maybe she was just so exhausted she hadn't heard him right. His face told her she had though, so she didn't question it.

"I think they need us," Liffey added thoughtfully, her mind heading towards Eljay and his kids. She couldn't forget their faces when they had visited the Copse. She didn't ever want to see such looks on the faces of her own children. "I don't think the Copse could handle all of us, though. There are so many pups there already. But maybe Raven and Quixote would let us join them here. Rave has always been like a big sister to me, and I know I could never be Wildfire for her, but.. I just feel like this is where we need to be right now."

Liffey had once been repelled by the idea of staying with her family. She had once felt as though she didn't belong with them, and that there was a better place for her out in the world. Now that she had been out there, she knew better. With her family was the only place she had ever really belonged, and she wanted to be back with them now.

But...

"I know what I'm asking you to give up, though..." she added, guilt creeping into her tone.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
the talk™ - by Rannoch’s Ghost - June 03, 2019, 07:52 AM
RE: the talk™ - by Liffey - June 03, 2019, 08:03 AM
RE: the talk™ - by Rannoch’s Ghost - June 03, 2019, 08:28 AM
RE: the talk™ - by Liffey - June 03, 2019, 08:45 AM
RE: the talk™ - by Rannoch’s Ghost - June 03, 2019, 09:04 AM
RE: the talk™ - by Liffey - June 03, 2019, 09:16 AM
RE: the talk™ - by Rannoch’s Ghost - June 03, 2019, 09:46 AM
RE: the talk™ - by Liffey - June 03, 2019, 09:53 AM
RE: the talk™ - by Rannoch’s Ghost - June 03, 2019, 10:01 AM