Blacktail Deer Plateau frozen in timeless aura, a catalyst of colors
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled at the brotherly love, and then Atticus went back to staring. She wasn't too worried though, she was sure this whole day had been a lot for him. The male had virtually been lost in his own mind for over a month, so it would take time for him to get back to his top form. So rather than fuss at him, she continued to sort through her herbs.

If wolves could blush, blue would have indefinitely. Blue lifted green eyes to meet his blue gaze and she smiled and then looked down. Of course I did Atticus, I couldn't let you leave without me. She didn't know how to form the words she wanted to say completely. So instead she just moved forward and licked his muzzle and nudged the underside of his chin. I love you. Then she grew quiet and kept eyes downward, not expecting an answer, and not really all that worried about it, but she needed him to know why she did what she did. He needed to know she wasn't going anywhere.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
In spite of his sluggish and disoriented condition, her words stirred his heart and made his breath catch in his throat. He smiled at her, wavering a little where he lay, and then scooted closer to her and pressed his face into the soft, plush fur of her neck, beneath the hollow of her throat. He remained that way for a moment, lost in the safe, intimate solace of her. "More," he mumbled softly, his words muffled slightly by her fur. "Love you more." Ordinarily, he would have never been so open with his affection, for he was a gentleman and he had wanted to take things slow with her, to do right by her. But in his weakened state, all the mental barriers were gone, allowing his thoughts and feelings to come out unfiltered.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sorry if you had to play a hand you didn't want too :)...blue kinda writes herself

Blue was surprised, but pleasantly so when he buried his face in her neck. She smiled softly, and licked his ear, really the only place she could reach at the moment. She was confused when he stated more, trying to figure out what he wanted more of. But then his next words caused a hitch in her breathing and she sighed softly, and happily. And I am so very glad Atticus. She didn't say much else at first then she whispered gently I was so very scared Atticus, that you would be gone before i could tell you that. and everything would be empty. Then she grew quiet again, trying not to overload his newly reawakened brain. She did however back up enough that she could slide to her belly rather than sitting and scooted back the way she had been.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
I was actually already planning to have him spill the beans to her, so this worked out perfect, heehee. :)

Her words sank deep into him, settling into his heart and glowing warmly like soft, gentle coals. Of all the ways he could have made his re-entry into the waking world, this was the best -- surrounded by love and support, and cradled by the woman he had come to love so much. She made herself more comfortable, lying down and scooting closer so he could snuggle into her again. He smiled wryly and said, "Nope. Can't get rid'a me that easy.". A few seconds later, his voice took on a more serious tone as he continued, "Not goin' anywhere without you." Of course, if death were in the picture at any point, then that was one place he hoped she didn't follow him.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ah the feels...well i'm glad it worked out then :).

Blue didn't know if any other pack would have stuck by him, but she did know even if they haven't she would have made her goodbyes and left and took care of him herself. But he was loved by his brother and his family and they were a family.

She chuckled gently at his words, wouldn't want too. She sighed happily and slid her muzzle across his shoulders, unsure what to do, but wanting to touch him to make sure he was real. It was so strange, it was like a dream that he was awake and talking again. I'm glad for that. She smiled again and hummed softly, content and happy in the moment.
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Sorry this sucks, I'm on my phone. We can go ahead and wrap this up here. I'm itching for new threads with both of y'all. :) Minor powerplay in "fast-forwarding" time a little bit here; hope you don't mind, Danni. @Peregrine , feel free to slap one more in here if you want!

Atticus smiled at her words, her gentle touches a continued source of comfort and solace in the midst of what was, without a doubt, a jarring and disorienting return to reality. He remained lying down, blinking and grinning in the warm sunshine as he exchanged very simple and idle conversation with Blue, weariness beginning to creep back into him as time passed. So much awaited him in the coming days and weeks; as he grew stronger and more mentally present, he would have to re-learn his own identity, piece together the broken shards of his life, and re-establish his place in the pack. There had been some drastic changes in the pack that he would have to adjust to, not the least of which was Peregrine's new domestic arrangement and the reconfiguration of the Plateau's leadership tier. He didn't even realize he wasn't Beta anymore, but at the moment, his rank in their hierarchy was the furthest thing from his thoughts. After a while, he yawned and thought a nap might be a good idea; hopefully, Perry would return soon with something to eat.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
It took him several hours and by the time Peregrine returned to the Healer's den, a belt of rabbits dangling from his mouth, he was practically jumping out of his skin. He dropped his kills at Blue Willow's feet, then immediately settled down next to the dozing Atticus. He felt a bolt of anxiety. Would his brother wake? But as soon as Peregrine touched his nose to Atticus's temple and the other male stirred, he exhaled with relief and exchanged a happy glance with Blue Willow.

Sighing contentedly, Peregrine stretched out beside Atticus, letting his chin rest on the curve of his brother's back. He held the other male close, though he didn't sleep. He was too excited. And he wanted to be wide awake when Atticus roused, so they could eat together and hopefully get him even more up to speed.