Heron Lake Plateau Cast aside for new and more
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Everything seemed to happen in blur since their arrival. Wisteria's arrival had thrown her whole world for a loop. It was amazing, but overwhelming on top of everything else that was wonderful and overwhelming about this upheaval. She felt as though she could've slept for weeks, but that was not in the cards for her either. There was more unrest to deal with. They would be abandoning the Plateau soon for new territory--something Liffey had been too distracted to really consider her feelings about. She was likely fine with it, but who really knew. Everything felt so delicate and mixed up.

Liffey's ears perked at the sound of her friend's call. His voice was like a soft wind clearing away the clouds. Her heart thrilled at it as all the heaviness of everything else flurrying about in her world cleared away to allow her to focus on this one piece for now. Gannet had come, and it was time to see how this chapter of their story would end.

She cantered quickly to greet him, though she felt a mix of emotions when she spotted him at the borders. First there was happiness simply at the sight of him, whom she'd missed even though it had only been a few days since they'd parted. But then there was sadness, for she knew immediately what the answer was. He would not be joining them at the Plateau. He had not brought his makeshift little family along with him. They were still at the Hollow, and she knew without needing to ask that he would be returning there after this meeting.

Maybe it was for the best. Liffey slowed to a trot and offered a sad smile as she reached to greet him with a wolfish hug. She nuzzled into his shoulder for a moment, communicating without any words that she both knew and she understood. When she parted from him, she fixed him with a concerned gaze. "Terance was furious," she informed him, though she suspected he had already been made aware, "I hope he hasn't made anything... uncomfortable for you." Or downright unpleasant, which was more her concern.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
Cast aside for new and more - by Gannet - June 10, 2019, 09:05 AM
RE: Cast aside for new and more - by Liffey - June 15, 2019, 08:41 AM
RE: Cast aside for new and more - by Gannet - June 15, 2019, 09:24 AM
RE: Cast aside for new and more - by Liffey - June 15, 2019, 05:27 PM
RE: Cast aside for new and more - by Gannet - June 16, 2019, 11:54 AM
RE: Cast aside for new and more - by Liffey - June 21, 2019, 09:27 AM
RE: Cast aside for new and more - by Gannet - July 15, 2019, 08:21 AM
RE: Cast aside for new and more - by Liffey - July 16, 2019, 11:02 AM
RE: Cast aside for new and more - by Gannet - July 18, 2019, 08:58 AM
RE: Cast aside for new and more - by Liffey - July 20, 2019, 08:43 AM