Golden Glade and it's always been the same, the same old story
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey too was thinking of Breccan at that moment, wondering where he was and what he was doing. Unlike her daughter, she knew that he was gone from the territory, however she did not yet realize that her other children were unaware of that fact. Her heart ached over the way they had left things. She fretted over the things she had said and the way they had likely made him feel. Her only regret over saying them, though, was that they had not worked to dissuade him from his intentions, just as Fin had failed to dissuade her once upon a time. All she could do was hope that things worked out as well for her son as they had for her.

Life would not pause to allow her to wallow in her misery, though. There were other children to attend to, as well as a pack to lead. With Raven and Quixote busy now with their newest litter, Liffey knew it was up to her and Rannoch to keep things running. So, run them she did, as best as she could anyway. She was just headed towards a cache to stow a squirrel she had just caught when she heard a familiar voice not far off. Curious as to what her daughter was up to, making that odd half-bird half-wolf sound, she turned and headed off to find the girl instead.

"Sionnach?" Liffey called, her voice muffled from the squirrel still in her teeth. She couldn't spot the girl through the grass, but knew she was somewhere nearby. She didn't realize she was likely setting herself up as a target, though she obviously ought to have foreseen something along those lines after having raised the girl. But nope, she padded forward, naively unaware.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
RE: and it's always been the same, the same old story - by Liffey - July 07, 2019, 12:23 PM