Golden Glade Elivagar.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey nodded and returned the smile, though she kept her comments to herself. Towhee could believe herself to be the mother of those children, but she wasn't. There wasn't any way to make her understand what it was to truly be a mother--to raise the children that were born of your own body, created with the man who was part of your whole. It seemed impossible that there could be a comparison, so just as Towhee didn't know what it was to be a mother like Liffey was, Liffey didn't know what it was to be a mother like Towhee.

When the conversation turned, Liffey felt the first glimmer of tension rising in her chest. Towhee spoke politely enough (as politely as it could come out, considering the way she spoke at all), but there was something in the question that put her on guard. Within a few seconds though, Raven's howl came and she felt the tension lessen. Her ears perked and she glanced away from Towhee as it came, then turned back to her cousin with a smile.

"Raven sounds thrilled that you're coming," Liffey answered, then took a few seconds before continuing their conversation. "Rannoch and I came here because we wanted to be with our family and because we didn't believe our former pack was the best place for our children. When we joined, it felt more like the merging of two packs into one than just a few of us joining the ranks, so Raven and Quixote asked us to join them in leadership to make the transition easier on our children."

"Besides which, Raven was pregnant and they knew they'd need assistance keeping things running after the kids came. Rannoch and I have been alphas before, so... it simply made sense," Liffey finished, watching her cousin for her reaction.

I assume that's how it went anyway lololol
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
Elivagar. - by Towhee - July 06, 2019, 01:59 PM
RE: Elivagar. - by Liffey - July 06, 2019, 02:38 PM
RE: Elivagar. - by Towhee - July 07, 2019, 09:43 PM
RE: Elivagar. - by Liffey - July 12, 2019, 08:29 AM
RE: Elivagar. - by Towhee - July 12, 2019, 05:40 PM
RE: Elivagar. - by Liffey - July 13, 2019, 06:19 PM
RE: Elivagar. - by Towhee - July 15, 2019, 11:09 AM
RE: Elivagar. - by Raven - July 17, 2019, 08:25 PM
RE: Elivagar. - by Liffey - July 20, 2019, 09:23 AM
RE: Elivagar. - by Towhee - July 20, 2019, 10:04 AM