Swiftcurrent Creek I wanna see the world when I stop breathing
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

Her breath caught in her throat. This was not a conversation she had expected to have until much much later in Lainie’s life. In fact Lie had hoped she would never have to explain the circumstances of Manon’s death to anyone, especially her eldest children.

Slowly her jaw fell open, and Lie was at a lose for words as tears gathered in her eyes. Forcing herself to take a deep breath, Lie looked away as she closed her eyes. Tilting her head to the sky, a single tear fell. I thought I had run out of those. She thought remorsefully.

Taking several breaths, Rosalie tried to think of words that might comfort her daughter. Anything at all. But her brain was stuck, and she was at a lose for words. A long pause drew out between the two until Lie realized her daughter was still cowering before her. A sob pulled from her lips, as she shook and dropper her head from the sky, looking at Lainie tearfully.

“Oh Lainie,” She started, still shaking her head. “baby, don’t apologize. None of that was your fault. I’m sorry you had to see that, I’m sorry you’ve been alone.” Suddenly Lie realized what a terrible mother she was, she couldn’t protect any of them. Standing slowly, Lie approached slowly, hoping to pull the little girl in for a snuggle, but knowing all her children’s tendency to run.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
Messages In This Thread
RE: I wanna see the world when I stop breathing - by Rosalie - August 11, 2019, 10:55 PM
RE: I wanna see the world when I stop breathing - by Lainie - September 04, 2019, 01:42 PM