Duck Lake roses - the only flowers she could bear to see cut
i'm a bloody fallen angel
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
All Welcome 
Incidentally, today was a good day: the sun was partly obscured by wisps of clouds so the earth was a bearable sort of temperature - enough so she could survive without needing constant shade and water - and her mind wasn't being attacked by shameful insults and deprecating words, she wasn't shackled down by guilt and shame (for so many things that she'd lost count); everything was almost perfect. And - oh look! A lake! Saarth could feel it now: first, the shock of cold as she dove into the picture perfect water, clear and blue, reflecting the beauty of the sky and then -
Her excited scamper to the lake was interrupted rather rudely, if she did say so herself, by a band of ducks (did ducks walk in bands?) traipsing casually, without a care in the world, across her path. "What the fuck?" Saarth didn't bother keeping her voice down - there was no one around and ducks didn't understand - incredulity lining her words. Then one of the ducks had the nerve, the sheer nerve to glare at her and quack. And then as if inspired by their fellow duck and its courage, the band of ducks all started quacking. Before she knew it, more ducks had emerged from god knows where, all screeching their heads off, all glaring and advancing toward her like some sort of duck army from her nightmares. "No-" Saarthal barked,  trying to swallow her panic and keep order and - "Shhhhh," she stated emphatically to no avail; the cacophony rose in volume, her sanity felt like some distant dream a lifetime ago and she distinctly wondered if she had actually fallen off the deep end this time, wait, close your eyes, breathe....no, you're still here - fucksake -"shut up, ducks! Stop - shit, no, don't you dare move Henry - no, that doesn't mean you can move, no, you shut up, Dave, whoever you are - Christ, look, I just want a nice swim, I don't want trouble." Oh, the lies. When had Saarthal ever not want trouble? Unfortunately, the ducks seemed the share in that sentiment and although some had proceeded to wander off, deciding to behave like normal ducks, some still lingered near Saarth, quacking, creating noise pollution and general nuisance. "I hate you," Saarthal deadpanned. She ducked her head, leaning closer to the ducks until her face was dangerously near (yes, she realised it was a bad idea and what if they bit her head off - oh, it didn't matter) and scowled, "yes, you, Dave. I hate you." Quack, QuaACK, QUACK. "No, I won't apologise, Dave! You should be ashamed of yourself. "
Messages In This Thread
roses - the only flowers she could bear to see cut - by Saarthal - July 15, 2019, 08:12 AM