Cricket Creek Bog fed me skittles on a burial ground
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Sorry for the wait! Still so excited to see this guy in-game! <3

It had been a long morning with the pups. Bateleur had been colicky and fussy, and the other two were just generally trying to get on every last one of the few nerves she had left. This was par for the course with babies, of course, and it was nothing new to her, and while she had vast reserves of patience -- perhaps more than the average wolf, even -- she was still an ordinary mortal wolf and had limits. Thankfully their father had returned from his rounds a little early and had offered to watch the kids for a while so she could get some air, and she was doing just that now.

She didn't typically wander far from home, but curiosity had taken her past the northern boundaries of her forest and out into the reedy, sweeping lowlands that led to a swampy bog to the east. It was serene out here, and while Raven did not miss the expansive openness and exposure she'd had to endure at the plateau, she found she rather appreciated it in smaller doses. It was strange to see the plateau from this angle, towering high above to the west, and as she resumed walking toward the thicket her pack had hunted so frequently before, she smiled. She was happier where she was now.

Soon, an unfamiliar scent came to her and she paused, peering around. She had three very good reasons to be cautious when dealing with strangers outside the protection of her packlands, so as her eyes caught sight of a dark-furred stranger not so far off, she woofed a soft and curious greeting. Friend? Or foe? Any sign of aggression would send her on a beeline straight back to the glade, but as always, she hoped that wouldn't be the case.
Messages In This Thread
fed me skittles on a burial ground - by Nate - July 20, 2019, 09:39 PM
RE: fed me skittles on a burial ground - by Raven - July 28, 2019, 10:38 AM
RE: fed me skittles on a burial ground - by Nate - July 28, 2019, 11:47 AM
RE: fed me skittles on a burial ground - by Raven - August 20, 2019, 06:25 PM