Blackfeather Woods water's thicker than blood, but blood is sticky
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
maegi wasn't one to sugar coat anything, and he couldn't say that her blunt words didn't sting a tiny bit. "i didn't think i looked that bad." he joked, cracking a hint of a smile in the process. but the conversation moved on to more serious matters and the smile faded just as quickly. vaati took his time in responding to her question, having to think on it first before he opened his mouth.

"rusalka was a good home. but...  i became restless." a brief flick of his head indicated he did not think much of it, for that was usually the way things went with him. "nothing new i suppose." she knew how it was. maegi had been one of the first to experience his unfortunate flaw of being a flight risk. "i wandered and found nomadic pack. they mistook me for one of their own at first but allowed me to join and we travelled farther than i ever have before." he had gathered that his likeliness to some of their own had something to do with his father's heritage, but didn't think it relevant enough to mention. vaati doubted maegi could even recall the northern man who had tried to mend their mother, yet knowing her distaste for potema, figured it best to leave out. 

"but eventually it wasn't enough, and i didn't stop until i returned. i guess that's why i look so..." he glances down at himself. "... unlike myself." as much as maegi didn't like it, vaati liked it even less. it felt unsafe to be so underweight in comparison to how he once looked, and though he could feel himself slowly being restored to his formerly brutish frame... it was a slow process. vaati was an impatient man. 
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
Messages In This Thread
RE: water's thicker than blood, but blood is sticky - by Vaati - September 12, 2019, 01:03 PM