Blacktail Deer Plateau His son would think his father could do no wrong
163 Posts
Ooc —
De snow is a beautiful t'ing, said Erzulie, and Nieve nodded, believing her completely. She would see it for herself soon, and hoped its beauty could begin to fill the void left by the sea in her nature-loving heart.

Really? she asked, blinking curiously at her dam when Erzulie revealed that she was named for snow. Nieve didn't sound like snow, but then again, there were many words for things besides just the ones she knew. Perhaps it was a more romantic term, a thought that made her heart flutter hopefully. The same heart that stuttered moments later when her dam spoke again.

What do you t'ink? Nieve wasn't opposed to her mama's idea at all, but she was a hopeless optimist who believed fully that her family was out there, alive and well, if alone. I think they'll come back to us, she said resolutely, fiercely, in a manner that might remind Erzulie poignantly of Rosalyn in spite of their lack of blood relation. Mom's gotta be okay. Scarab too. Mari will come home eventually. We'll all be together again someday, I just know it.

She didn't know it, but she wanted so badly for it to be true and she clung to the hope of it. But in regards to mama's suggestion: I do think that's a good idea, mama. We can put little objects for all of us, then if any of us ever feels sad or lonesome, there'll always be a piece of us all there. She knew exactly what she wanted to contribute in her own name, but retrieving such a thing right now when the coast was battered and bruised was out of the question.
and i've found that in every man there's a child
Messages In This Thread
RE: His son would think his father could do no wrong - by Nieve - November 17, 2019, 04:23 PM