Hoshor Plains Curiosity killed the cat... Good thing I'm not a cat!
the beginning is half of everything
100 Posts
Ooc —
She bobbed her head, and accepted Peony's side of it quite readily for she was still believing that between the two of them, they could achieve something. Plus, even if they didn't manage anything, there was a part of her that came grateful for the company and sure, she wasn't Spica or her mom or anything already established on her lists of Favorites, but Peony seemed like a good friend to have so far if she was this willing to help out! Syrma couldn't argue with this.

Taking her pointers to heart, Syrma had to get back to focusing. She pondered the creatures she had mentioned--bird, rabbit, raccoon, and tried to remember how to smell for them exactly. She thought about smells that reminded her of them, or where she had smelled them before... Well... when I was sniffin' around earlier, I found this spot with lots of bird feet prints in the snow, she revealed because now on second thought, maybe it had been something they could go off. At time of spotting, she had been quick to write it off. I left it 'cause I can't fly and didn't see any whole bird then but.. would they be back yet maybe...? she asked as she started walking vaguely that way. 

Rabbit sounds best, like mmm something nice and warm.. but... she sighed a little, feeling her hopes wanting to be dashed ahead of time before failure could get there first. I haven't smelled a fresh one like all week, she griped, which might've been an exaggeration. I don't think they like the open plains as much as the woods by the river before... she also mentioned as she picked up a slow trot to move along, her nose down and sniffing intently as she carried it on. She missed the riverside too, so likely, some of her feelings stemmed from there, and they mixed neatly with her irritation for no fresh, easy trails to go on.

Hunting was hard work.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Curiosity killed the cat... Good thing I'm not a cat! - by Syrma - February 11, 2020, 12:53 AM