Blacktail Deer Plateau let moths consume me in the light
163 Posts
Ooc —
In the end, Ying relented. Nieve realized at that moment, when her subordinate glared into her eyes despite failing to secure her rank or respect, that if there was a next time it would have to come to blows. She regretted that that was the case and sorely hoped it wouldn't come to that, but she doubted it. The way Ying stood, letting up the dominance posturing a little but not submitting appropriately to someone who was technically her superior, suggested it wasn't over.

Nieve snorted once to blow off steam, then pivoted and left the seawolf behind without a word. She maintained a rigid bearing until she was well out of sight, where she released a deep sigh and allowed herself to sag under the weight of the anxiety that was beginning to bubble up in her stomach. It wasn't right to take a simple rank challenge personally, but she had a difficult time swallowing it when her opponent didn't seem to want to know her at all. She only wanted to best her, and that stung Nieve in ways it shouldn't have.
and i've found that in every man there's a child
Messages In This Thread
let moths consume me in the light - by Ying - January 20, 2020, 06:13 AM
RE: let moths consume me in the light - by Nieve - January 20, 2020, 10:05 AM
RE: let moths consume me in the light - by Ying - January 20, 2020, 10:14 AM
RE: let moths consume me in the light - by Nieve - January 20, 2020, 10:47 AM
RE: let moths consume me in the light - by Ying - January 20, 2020, 10:59 AM
RE: let moths consume me in the light - by Nieve - January 22, 2020, 11:22 PM
RE: let moths consume me in the light - by Ying - January 23, 2020, 08:29 AM
RE: let moths consume me in the light - by Nieve - January 25, 2020, 10:19 PM