Whitebark Stream just around the corner
77 Posts
Ooc — Fira
All Welcome 
AW but specifically for @Minnow

Daylily stood on the bank of the stream, staring out at the territory around her. She did this often; in fact, she did this every morning as the sun rose, and stood awed by the way the sunlight glittered on the snow-covered ground. Despite her fears of being a useless member to this pack she still felt excited by the whole thing. She was sure that with time she would find something useful to do with her skills as a believer in the Old Ways. Perhaps some would come to her for potions, or herbs to place around their dens to promote sleep. Perhaps some would want to learn more of her gods and her traditions. She wondered if Dawn would allow her to make some kind of festival during Imbolc, which was just around the corner. She would have to ask later.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Her dad and family were here but there were also some wolves that she didn't know at all and as she walked through there prospected territory she came across one of them. "H..hi." She said softly.
77 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Daylily jumped, even though the young wolf’s greeting was so soft. She was a bit embarrassed at being caught in her “king of the world” pose, standing at the bank of the stream as she was. She turned around and smiled sheepishly at the pup, her tail wagging behind her. “Hello,” she replied, just as softly. “We haven’t met. My name is Daylily, of Oakstead.” Her ears perked forward, and she gazed upon the pup, waiting for her to give her own name. Daylily had noticed with delight how quickly the ranks were growing. This one was still a pup, but even pups were useful to packs; they reminded all the adults what it was like to be young again.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She was curious to what the woman had been doing when she had approached but she kept quiet for now. "I'm Minnow, nice to meet you." The woman's name was pretty. "What we're you doing?
77 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Minnow was a cute name; it reminded Daylily of the types of names she might hear at Oakstead. Then again, Dawn and Lavender had names that were much the same. Still, there was something child-like about the name Minnow that reminded her achingly of home. She couldn’t help but smile at the girl. 

‘What were you doing?’ the pup wanted to know.

“O-oh,” said Daylily, and giggled shyly. “Um, I was… you know, just looking around, at the territory. The stream, the trees… feeling the cold wind, the snow under my paws.” She was feeling less self-conscious the more she spoke, for these sorts of actions were things she did often, to feel closer to the Lord and the Lady. “I suppose I was… connecting myself to the land,” she ended quietly, and glanced at Minnow to see her reaction to something like that.

Minnow, however, seemed off in her own world and seemed to have forgotten that Daylily was even there. Not wanting to intrude on whatever the young wolf was thinking about, she quietly slipped away.