Blacktail Deer Plateau And I don't remember all of my mistakes
163 Posts
Ooc —
I dunno. Isn't that what a challenge means? They think they're better than you? That was the impression she'd gotten from Ying, and maybe that was her fault for taking it personally. Other members of the pack hadn't challenged her and she assumed that was because she deserved the rank she had. She was fairly high, befitting a wolf who had been born in Rusalka and never once left it, but not higher than those who had more to contribute than she did. She thought it was fair.

The one who challenged me was rude to me before, and still wasn't respectful when I won. I don't know what I did to her to deserve that. Little did she know, Ying had expected an actual fight and judged her weak for not engaging. Nieve, on the other hand, believed it was wrong to harm a packmate. You only harmed yourself doing stuff like that. Maybe Aningan's challenges went differently, but her singular experience reinforced her idea that for some reason, a newcomer to the pack had deemed her unworthy of respect.

Aningan's next question was loaded in a way Nieve wasn't sure how to answer. Oh, Aningan, I respect you, she said slowly, tentatively, but... yeah, mostly because you're the leader and everyone's willing to follow you. I mean... I don't really know you at all but I do respect you. She didn't need to know him to respect his position in the pack. She thought it would be much more important to know him if she meant to usurp his title, which she didn't.
and i've found that in every man there's a child
Messages In This Thread
And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Nieve - January 22, 2020, 10:59 PM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Aningan - January 22, 2020, 11:40 PM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Nieve - January 25, 2020, 09:30 PM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Aningan - January 31, 2020, 12:06 AM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Nieve - February 01, 2020, 12:07 AM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Aningan - February 02, 2020, 07:51 PM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Nieve - February 14, 2020, 10:49 AM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Aningan - February 23, 2020, 05:25 PM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Nieve - March 02, 2020, 06:42 PM
RE: And I don't remember all of my mistakes - by Nieve - March 11, 2020, 10:01 PM