Dragoncrest Cliffs Cause I have traveled cross this country wide
163 Posts
Ooc —
Nieve wasn't expecting a long account, having never realized the depth of history between the cliffs and the sound. There was even more to it than Rosalyn and Erzulie knew, but their story alone was tough to swallow. She imagined how it must've felt to be Rosalyn, kept by another pack against her will, to say nothing of being tormented. That was too difficult a reality for compassionate Nieve to entertain. She thought of Erzulie heartbroken, sounding calls for her beloved every night. She thought of what she would do in that situation.

She knew she would do no differently than Erzulie and Caiaphas. She was not the type of wolf to fight for herself, preferring to settle disputes peacefully, but her family was another matter entirely. To keep any one of them from harm, Nieve would stop at nothing.

Her sapphire eyes danced over the scars on Rosalyn's face and she couldn't hide a faint grimace. Ordinarily she might try to see the other side of the issue, think through what their reasons might've been, but she couldn't imagine these enemies of her family being anything but evil. Conflict was inevitable, but holding someone against their will and torturing them just for belonging to another group was sick and sadistic. No sensible creature would condone it.

That sounds awful, she remarked in the end, volleying her gaze between her mothers. She made no effort to rationalize the actions of the Drageda wolves. There was more than enough land to go around and a massive cliff between here and the sound; whatever their reasons for hostility, they were nonsense to Nieve, who believed in sharing. Why would you want to come here, then? Isn't it full of darkness for you? she asked, focusing then on Rosalyn.

There was some sense in it that Nieve could see, like making sure Drageda hadn't returned, but mostly she thought it must only serve as a bad memory not worth revisiting.
and i've found that in every man there's a child
Messages In This Thread
Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Rosalyn - January 25, 2020, 11:26 AM
RE: Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Nieve - January 27, 2020, 09:19 PM
RE: Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Nieve - February 01, 2020, 12:13 AM
RE: Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Nieve - February 15, 2020, 04:36 AM
RE: Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Nieve - February 18, 2020, 04:49 AM