The Bracken Woods Can't erase what I wrote in ink
67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
All Welcome 
AW but aimed at @Uriel! Set the morning of the 28

Exhausted, Holly had wandered far and wide in only 10 days. Though for her it had felt like years since she had last seen anybody. She left on account of the lingering food and found another famine plaguing Kinta Hinterlands also. Troubled, she set off further east and had ended up here, some woods completely new to her. Shaking her pelt out, Holly watched the snow drift off her mangled pelage and float to the ground.

Glancing around Holly realized she didn't have a clue how long it had been since she had last eaten. Dipping her head to the ground, Holly found the scent of fowls, quail maybe. Following the scent, Holly tracked the smell to the bird's location. Quietly, she stalked the bird, finding the moment Holly pounced. She made quick work of the bird, plucking enough to began feasting. Holly watched the surrounding woods carefully, making sure no others came to prey upon her meal as well.
Smile. It looks good on you. Yes I stole this from Pinterest.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"You are hunting in claimed land." A golden wolf, much like the other before her, appeared out of the dense trees. She was on neutral, but wasn't a welcoming posture while a silver gaze watched this stranger, who set foot into The Bracken Woods, and hunted in the land. Her wards food, which contained none besides herself, but it was still a measurement to take while trying to take these woods as her own.

The Phoenix's scent had slowly crossed to the land, but perhaps due the large size, she couldn't successfully cover it all.. Alas, she needed more wolves to achieve this.

67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Holly listened to the flaxen wolf's words in deep worry. "I'm truly sorry." the woman spoke, her voice soft; apologetic. The lady hadn't known this was claimed land, all she knew was it had contained food. Her head had raised at the stranger's appearance and she now dipped it in respect before meeting the other's gaze once more.

"How shall I make it up to you?" the woman inquired with a tilt of her head. "And who, shall I ask, has claimed this territory? Is it you?" she added to her pile of questions. Taking a step back, Holly sat. She was in no way hostile, especially now that she knew she was trespassing. Holly was a respectable wolf, she would not attack a wolf when she herself was the one in the wrong.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Her actions eased to a more comfortable setting as the wolf approached the other, "you are forgiven." She took the mistake with grace e and put forth an apology upon a issue; Uriel looked at the other with a positive side, and nodded, "before you do once more, permission is granted easily. You can come again if so." While the land she claimed was hers, it wasn't one officially known. She couldn't stop them all, but perhaps if gained the respect of being asked, it could control the entering population. Not to mention, she felt she didn't have the heart to stop the starvation of certain wolves.. Unless proven difficult and deranged.

"I am Uriel of Sunward, and who are you?"

67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
You are forgiven. Holly bowed her head in thanks and allowed the wolf to continued. Nodding at her next phrase Holly scanned her surroundings before gazing back at the woman. Uriel of Sunward. "I am Holly, wanderer as of right now." the golden lady offered. "Sunward... is that why you are claiming these lands?" she asked.

If there was a new pack the food nearby would be diminishing soon. Unless of course, she managed to score a spot within, Holly would have to move on soon. Another journey was not on the top of her to-do list at the moment. Yes, she enjoyed traveling and was quite good at such, but sometimes one needed a break before becoming but a shell of a wolf.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Yes." It is her land, and her to-be land, "it is what I claim as my ward." Her words had been spread, but not in the most satisfactory ways, but by wind for she was an intruder for the first trials. Two had clashed against her, but now she strayed far from them, so hopefully this may stay true.

67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
The woman nodded at the other's words. "How many wolves have you managed to recruit so far? I haven't seen many around lately." Holly voiced. Uriel was the first wolf she had seen in days, Holly had just presumed that more wolves populated inland. Wait until she finds out they were just gathering for a pack, that'd be a good laugh. 

Holly had given her company time to respond before adding; "I still feel as though I owe you something. Really, is there something I may do to make it up to you." the golden one begged, Holly hated feeling as though she owed something or had done somebody else wrong. "I wasn't doing much anyway. I was wandering to escape famine. Of course, hunting food for other starving wolves didn't help much either." the lady assured. The last of which, she complemented with a shrug. She wasn't trying to brag, she was trying to say that she could hunt for the pack this woman was creating. Hoping that would suffice for her trespassing.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"None." Uriel flatly admitted, finding there was no reason to deny. While she felt perhaps a bit embarassed, but wouldn't show such an emotion to someone not close. She wasn't ashamed though, for what could be done when the golden wolf only ventured to the taiga perhaps a few days ago, at most a week, and only now begun. "It is a new claim."

"I see.." She was unaware of the famine that had occured, because she wasn't around when such a disaster came upon the wild. Perhaps it was why many seemed so posessive of nearby forests, because prey was already limited enough. It really all made sense in the end, and she took pity on those who deemed her so dangerous; as well as foolish.

"Then, let us form a hunting party together."

67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Holly didn't criticize the other for not having recruiting anybody, that was hard work. Nodding, the woman stayed silent as Uriel kept talking. Hunting party. She didn't have to be told twice before Holly agreed to the suggestion and obeyed.

"Let's begin then" the golden woman confirmed. "Wait, are we going to travel or begin here?" she asked. Holly could have started hunting right then and there, but she wanted to make sure Uriel didn't have a hunting spot she preferred first.
Do you wanna do a seperate hunting thread or just come back after the trip?
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
here is fine!!

"There are deer here." They did not have to move, as The Bracken Woods contained plenty of deer that came in numerous numbers in recent days, coming from the east in barrells. Not all stayed within her forest, but plenty where she knew that it was a scouting need as of later.

"East or West, where would you like to start?"

67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
"Okay then" the woman said in acknowledgment. Hunting was one of Holly's best skills, she had a good nose for tracking in particular. Fishing she was not as confident in, but she had still had her fair share of wading in rivers and clamping her jaws over those slimy creatures. That was what she had to turn to during food shortages, and so far she had survived.

Dropping her muzzle to the ground the golden one immediately got overrun by scents and her brain followed close behind and sorted them in her mind. Taking only a few seconds, Holly was thrown into the mindless abyss she always entered when tracking. It was like a switch was flipped when she let the smells take over, clouding her senses and dragging her body along for the ride.

Sometimes she wondered if it was strange to others, how maybe she even seemed like a different person entirely.  "West. Deer." was all the lady mumbled just loud enough for Uriel to hear before silently gliding across the ground, hoping her friend would follow.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She had chosen, and so Uriel would follow the sharp senses Holly gave toward their hunt. To the west they would go, to perhaps the mighty deer to lay about. They wouldn't be too far, as the territory while big, enough for them to travel throughout the days. Low prowl, like the lioness she was, and slowly went ahead of the other golden wolf.

"I see one." She whispered softly to the other, her paw lifting gently to point out a lone, lil' doe. Barely old enough to count as an adult, small and tiny, but enough to feed a few. Uriel thought they can attack, before the young deer called for her stag.

67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Lifting her head at the woman's soft words Holly spotted what looked to be a deer around the age of a juvenile. Nodding her head in acknowledgment she sniffed the air. There was the fresh scent of an adult nearby; a female though, the father must not be too close. "The mom is near. The stag is far though, there is no lingering scent of him."

The two could be quick with this, in and out, just leaving with more than they came with. "This will be easy, how shall we approach?" They needed a plan of attack, a set action. Something that would ensure the daughter's death and the mom and father to remain clueless. Holly didn't look to see Uriel's reaction, instead, she kept her eyes fixed on the doe. Occasionally gliding her gaze over the clearing before turning back to the hopefully soon-to-be meal.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Surround and lunge." Uriel took the inncentive to lead the way, as she would slowly take to the other side of this doe. Even then, as she slowly circled, the scent of the others remained afar, and the stag wasn't around anywhere. It would be the perfect hunt for the two, and her first large one within these forests. The lioness, the Phoenix, was ready.

She looked at the golden wolf with her silver eyes, and nodded, ready to charge when she was.

67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Holly nodded as her companion took the lead, now in control. When Uriel gotten to where she wanted to be the lady looked up and nodded, receiving a nod from Holly too. The golden woman leaped from the bushes and latched onto the doe's front right leg, allowing a window for her partner to jump in for the kill. Should she take it, the woman will jump off and grab onto another leg and drag the deer down. The young deer would be the hunter's next meal.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
roll for stag to appear? o:

There was no question the small deer would die beneath their fangs; but what haunted the back of her mind was if the father had heard. With Holly latching upon her leg, she'd immedietly appear from the back to stop any attempt of the prey breaking free. She was quick to claw at the back, dragging her down, but so close to the neck Uriel couldn't resist simply lunging forward to bite at the neck, and crush any attempt of escaping; a final blow of the poor doe, as it let out a large cry. 

It startled the lioness, for the cry could be a summon for the male deer.. However just maybe, they'd get lucky and have a free meal.

67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
15/20 oop...

The two made quick work of the doe, killing it off with only a few blows. Alas, the youngling was able to let out a call before meeting its demise, one that could cause the appearance of an unhappy daddy. Swiveling her head Holly looked around, she saw no sign of the stag, but she heard him. The deer was running toward the sound of his now-gone daughter when Holly shouted to her companion: "Stag! watch out!" and faced the direction of the noise. Jumping in front of her friend in case she didn't manage to turn in time and baring her teeth to the soon coming danger she prepared.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
rolling for hit
odd for no, even for yes
out of 20 got a 13

minor roll if hurt or severly hurt,
hit an 8

The stag approached, fast speed and dangerous eyes as it saw it's departed daughter, dead on the ground. Fresh blood between the two, but Uriel had given it the finishing blow- perhaps the first of its victim. Though as both were in it's line of sight, it simply marched forward. Holly, as sweet as she was, decided to cover the lioness from the angry buck, but she would not let her get hurt. As an Alpha-to-be, she did not want a friend to cover.

She bounced forward, leaping over the dame to approach the stag, but to vain, as he swung his antlers and bashed her! Uriel should thank the heavens that the antlers didn't pierce her, but pushed her aside with a mighty bruised following alongside. Though she was quick to yell, "run!" to Holly, hoping it didn't aim for her as well.

67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Should Holly be an idiot and protect Uriel? Evens yes, odds no.
Out of 20 got 4
How hurt will she get? 1-5 not at all, 6-12 minor, 7-20 severe
Got an 18...

Holly watched Uriel as she jumped in front of Holly and got slammed aside. This wolf was not going to fight her fights for her or get hurt when it was Holly's fault they were there in the first place. Hadn't she said the stag wasn't around? This was her fault, now it was her problem. Her friend had shouted run so Holly heeded the advice. Just not the way Uriel had planned or wanted. Holly ran around the stag and sank her fangs into the back legs to draw the attention to her and not her companion. She had opened a window for Uriel to run and she hoped she did.

The male deer did not appreciate the plan as much though as he swung around and bashed Holly into a tree in the hopes of knocking her off. Holly wasn't one to give up when somebody was still in danger though and stayed gripping the deer's leg, which was not in her best interest. The stag, now enraged, swung its head and knocked Holly off via bashing her with his antlers. Flying off Holly slammed into another tree across the small clearing, disoriented.

Dizzy and halfway unconscious Holly tried to stand and fell again with the small amount of effort. She tried again, and this time she managed to get up and limp around the tree and a few feet further into the brush before collapsing with a major headache. "Run Uriel" was all she managed to quietly murmur before giving up and going silent, subconscious.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
new thread following after this one?
unless hemlocke wants to jump in!!

lmao minor fuckup bc timelines and recruited hemlocke

My the heavens be thanked, for he had seemed satisfied on his revenge. Uriel assumed he may of heard the calling of the others, and decided to back off on finishing the blow, for while avenging his daughter, he had more to take care of. His damage has been done, the phoenix had been bruised to the side, not fatally, but the other lioness, had been knocked to an unconcious level. That enough, seemed to keep him satisfied as he let out a snort, before stalking back to his kingdom. His kingdom, in her ward.

Her silver eyes glanced at his wounded leg, taking note who he was. She would be back for him. Uriel, while not wishing to admit to, was a wolf who held a grudge. A hypocrite, to what she wished Sunward would be. A white dragon, and now a the elk king.

She was able to move fine, as the golden wolf walked to Holly. Her side had been bruised but her limbs were fine, she made over with ease, limiting the movement of her sides. Bending down, she stood by her friend, protectively guarding until she woken up. Breathing, she made sure, but the rest was unclear. She thought to call for the black shadow, @Hemlocke, and ask if he knew of medicines.. Uriel wasn't lying, saying Sunward had no members, because so little of a group, would not count as a pack, yet. However he said to protect The Bracken Woods, and like Holly, counted him as a friend.

For now, she was to wait for her companions awakening.

Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
In the silence, the stillness, the peace of the forestry,  it was easy to hear the commotion. For although the forest was at ease, it was not without life. The stampede of the elk thundered the forest floor, vibrating. Their calls bellowing, the calls of wolves, screaming, his large, devilish ears taking in the sounds with a fear. 

He lifted from the safety of his hollow, long legs taking equally long strides to close the distance between him the those in need. He would guard his ward, as pledged. But he cries, oh how he whines! His pain by the light of the sun burns into his eyes. It reflects like a mirgraine to the light of the sun - and that is true to be it! Whilst his eyes string, causing wine pools to narrow as he moves, his long ears turn back, folding against his skull as his features crinkle, snarling up as his head throbs. 

He arches yet his vampire heart yearns, prushing him into the direction of Uriel's scent until he is greeted by not one, but two golden pheonix born by the light of the sun. The shadow still, a hitch in his breath. How?
67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Her head was throbbing when the golden lady fluttered her eyes open slightly, squinting for only a second before closing her sapphire eyes again. When she had opened them, all she had seen was black. Something black ahead, which when you couldn't think straight was seen as not just in front of you but surrounding you. Is this what death feels like? I thought death was supposed to take away all feelings! Holly's head felt like it was constantly getting bashed with a four-ton brick, class A migraine. 

A simple twitch of the ear, barely noticeable, was all it took. Immediately it was if a switch had been flipped in her brain as an overwhelming cacophony of noise took over. Groaning she flicked her ears against her crown, trying to block out the racket. "Shhh... shut up..." the phoenix mumbled quietly to nobody in particular. Her head was pounding, mind spinning, ears ringing, eyes burned every time she tried to open them, and her whole body was sore.

A pool of fresh blood was collecting under the flaxen lady, a new cut across her shoulder to be the cause. The laceration was not fatal, but it was enough to cause pain. Moaning, Holly rolled over an inch before a pain shot up through her, wincing she stopped and stayed like that. Determined to stay there as long as she was allowed.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"The deer from the west," Uriel's silvers flickered over to where the fallen fawn was, "the stag appeared and attacked." It was an awaited feast of simple gathering, however she was not expecting a tragedy that her new friend, Holly, would be wounded. A pool of blood formed causing her brows to cease in concern; she did not know what to do.

"Hemlocke," the lioness was grateful she was not alone, "do you know how to help?" There was a plea in Uriel's voice, a wavering of emotions. She was worried what would happen if the two just let her be- who knew of medicines?

She failed to notice his change at the moment, while a flicker of their first meeting had passed, the sole focus her gaze was upon Holly and the scarlet that draped behind.

Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Uriel explained quickly what had happened to them and the other golden woman stirs,  snapping un protest as she groans and moans, her paws lifting up along the sides of her skull to try and block out the sounds, the light, everything. Hamlocke truly understood and though he frowned, said nothing. His pain he had suffered from the light had been all his life. He knew it well. 

"There are medicines I know, which may ease. But head injury such as this will only take time. If she has a concussion,  she should not sleep, for she may not wake." His words were but a graveled whisper to Uriel's ear. "Clean her wound." The dark wolf spoke in regards to the stranger's shoulder and then he dashed back off into the forestry, searching. 

While he had already begun looking around  through this forest for herbs, he had not collected any nor found much given the winter. Still, the ferns and nettle bushes were relentless. Nettle is what he searched for now and whilst minding the thorns, he ripped off and ate up a collection of leaves (for himself) and then gnawed off a branch for the patient. 

Returning (he need not go far to find this plant all around) he settled the branch quietly and slowly down before the woman. "Eat the leaves." Were the quickest and simplest instructions he could give. Backing up, he tried to keep to the shade of the trees and ferns of their home and laid down, using forelimbs to try the shield his eyes from the sun.
hello Darkness,
my old friend.
67 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
The voices, everything, it surrounded her; drowned her. Holly was trying her best to stay afloat, clawing against the waves that pounded her and rattled her mind. Every time she sunk down down down, something dragged her back up up up. Pain had merely become a blanket, suffering but a mattress. Sleeping would never be an option, she knew that.

Holly stayed awake, even through high tide and rough waters. She hasn’t listened to the shadow’s words until he came back and placed something in front of her and told her to eat it. It frightened her actually, when he approached, causing her head to shoot upward along with her eyelids and a wave of pain. Light beamed into the lady’s eyes, a yelp seeped from the woman’s muzzle.

Holly sunk downward, allowing her eyes to dilate enough so she didn’t scream again before glancing to the branch placed at her paws. Eat the leaves, rung in her ears. Holly didnt look up, she simply obeyed the leaves as instructed. All she could lift at the time was her head, and if she wasn’t wincing at her every move, she would look quite comical stretching for the leaves.

She ate the leaves as her shoulder flamed, lying down once more when she was finished, her burning shoulder proved enough motivation. Returning to her original position of trying to block out the world, the throbbing sting of reality.