Sheepeater Cliff eleven
<FONT FACE="High tower text">disposable</div></FONT>.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
@Blue Willow only if you have time

They say youth runs out. Well they're wrong. After meeting the Sun Spark, the lovely dark colored male with silver hairs covering his muzzle, who not only ended up being his foster grandpa but the carrier of life himself, the young girl was convinced that age didn't only bring stiff joints, but knowledge and peace

Now sitting at the skirts of the Sheepeater Cliffs, Amelie peered over the edge, remembering the warmth in the old man's eyes. She was almost falling in a trance, lulled by the songs of the mountain goats that grazed all around her. Ever since her encounter with Sun Spark she had been more thoughtful about her future. She had just turned eleven months, soon she'd no longer be a juvenile but a yearling that would hold a rank in the pack like every other member.

Amelie's childhood was dying, and while she was completely terrified at the idea she'd no longer be a kid she was excited she'd be able to do more than just sit around watching the pups and hanging at the back of the crowd when it came to pack discussions and/or hunts. She wanted to be like her grandfather, she longed to be able to balance her life with fun and knowledge.

But for that she'd need advice -- and Blue was her go-to person in this situations. It had been a few weeks since her mother had told her she'd
let her tag along in one of her herb-collecting expeditions, and now that Peregrine was somewhat better she figured they could get started..
That's why she threw her head back and howled for Blue to come.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
"icelandic translation here"
Blue was a firm believer in the adage that you are only as old as you feel, and she often felt young. Though there were days where she felt older than life itself. Those were the bad days, the days when healing wouldn’t work and she usually lost a patient.

Blue was going to miss her father, she knew he had only come this far to die, knew it like she knew her self and she knew herself pretty darn well. It made her heart hurt, but her father would find a way to go honorably, he always was an honor bound man, always. He had told her he spoke to her daughter, and she had smiled having to explain to him that no she hadn’t had a child or been pregnant and didn’t tell him, she had merely adopted the sweet girl.

Speaking of her daughter, she was going to be soon no more a juvenile but an adult, and she would have to pull her weight in the pack. It filled Blue with joy and pride, while also making her worry to no end. What if Amelie couldn’t do something, or worse what if something happened to her. It scared her that the little girl was growing so quickly, and she didn’t even want to think when or if she ever had actual pups that she watched grow from birth, she worried about Peregrines pups enough as it were.

Blue heard the howl rise up over the cliffs and across the plains and she took off at a dead run. Afraid, but also happy to see her daughter. Afraid, because she always feared something bad had happened since her world was shaken at the foundation with Junior. She made it beside the girl and spoke softly on a pant. What is it Amelie?
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
And Amelie shared that same lack of confidence that Blue secretly held at the back of her mind. What if? It was a questioned that presented itself in front of the black teen every single day. What if she wasn't able to help the pack? What if she was only a waste of space among the ranks of the Plateu? All those buts and ifs were soon going to be answered, a couple of weeks more and she'd have to face the greatest challenge since joining the Plateu.

An eerie sense of numbness embraced her insides; making her blood turn to ice every time she saw her reflection in a puddle, making her always happy spirit crumble slowly. She hadn't had to cry herself to sleep since her real mother disappeared, now it was turning into a necessity.

The soft baa of a goat woke her from her thoughts, she glanced over her shoulder to see a familiar silhouette making its way between the sea of mountain goats to join her.

A feeble smile planted itself on her face, she glanced briefly at her nurturer before turning away to stare again over the edge. "I want to get out" she barked, with her eyes still fixed on a piece of nothing. She didn't mean she wanted to leave the Plateu forever, she just meant she wanted to get away from the suffocating sadness that had taken over their home. It was beginning to rub on her.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue did not have a lack of confidence in the sweet girl, it was more she worried for her. Blue did not doubt that Amelie would do whatever she set her mind too wonderfully and she would succeed with flying colors.

Blue had heard what she thought were tears when her foster daughter was falling asleep, but she had never been able to prove it. As the girl would be asleep or act asleep one of the two she wasn't sure.

Blue heard the sound in the girls voice and her heart broke for her. She had been neglecting her in her search for Junior and her own happiness. She would rectify that immediately. She leaned forward and licked the girls soft muzzle and brushed her own across her head. Okay lets go, they can take care of the borders for awhile it is high time you and I made time for each other. I'm sorry Amelie if I seemed to be neglecting you lately, it wasn't very fair of me. But I will change that if you'll let me.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
She hadn't felt neglected. Not even when her biological mother disappeared suddenly, leaving behind her three children. She had felt anger and then a little bit of sadness but she had never felt neglected. Monique had given her all she had ever wanted, she had been a good mother despite her abadonment.

Blue's absence was only natural, with all the grief and pain stinging each of the plateu wolves' hearts every one had stepped aside for a second. There was no blame to be handed out, much less to someone like Blue. Amelie had isolated herself too when all the chaos of the little princess death broke out.

When her mother's tongue reached her muzzle, a soft whine left her lips . That what she had been longing for, a loving gesture, soft spoken words, and the soothing touch of a loved one. "It's fine really, we've all had our heads somewhere else.." she barked not wanting to really speak about deaths and burials.

"I just feel this is too overwhelming, do you have a recipe for that?" she asked with a much happier tone, surely the healer could heal the aches of her heart.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
There had been much isolation and grief stricken faces in the wake of the bones being found, but Blue she persevered and it was high time she got back to living. It was sad of course and she hated that the little princess was not there anymore, though she held out to the hope that she was wrong and those bones weren't the little juniors. But as grief filled as she was she also knew you could not stop living for a death it just couldn't be.

Blue nuzzled her again between the ears and nodded Yes that is certainly true on all accounts. She sat then and let the grass ripple her pelt just as it did the grassy hillock they sat upon.

Blue smiled Yes I do lots of love and adventure. Blue stood and motioned for her to follow her, she could use this time to teach or they could just enjoy their day and with that Blue turned around and bopping the girl in the nose she laughed out Tag your it And with body made for running she ran off gracefully and lithely.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
It was like they whole pack's spirit had died with Osprey. And though Amelie was as hurt as many others she knew life had to go on. She'd keep the memory of the pudgy coal baby in her mind and most importantly in her heart too.

Amelie took confort on Blue's reassuring touch, she had not been sure how her mother would react to her petition to leave, but things were actually going better than expected. She pressed her nose into Blue's chest before following her, wondering what they would do.

Before she could ask if they were going to visit a new territory or start a lesson, the black woman spun back and tapped her nose lightly, running away as fast as she had turned; leaving the almost-yearling dumbfounded.

She hadn't expected Blue to start a game, but she was content to play. Steering from a grazing group of mountain goats that eyed the wolves warily she took after Blue. She also had long lengs and a slender figure. Soon Amelie was close to her mother's hips, she stretched her neck to poke her side but had to swerve at the last second because a boulder was in her way.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue would have been proud of her daughter if she had voiced her own words about keeping the child in her heart and memories and she would have hugged that girl until she couldn't anymore.

Blue would never question a want for adventure, but she woudl always ask that Amelie did not go alone. There were far too many dangers lurking out in the world for a lone wolf and if she could she would keep her foster daughter far far away from them.

Blue did not know what else to do for the child but play. She laughed as she got close to her back and hips only to gasp lightly as the girl swerved away from the border, but continued on as she saw the black figure following her. She called back wondering if her voice would reach When you are at your wits end or you are scared a little play always puts things into perspective as long as you don'[t overdo it.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
After evading the obstacle, the girl swerved again to go back into the game. She ran as fast as she could, her paws tearing the ground as she went. Now that nothing laid in her path, the girl reached again Blue's hip. Her mother called to her, and though she didn't quite grasp the first words she understood what she meant.

"Got it!!" She stretched and as soon as her nose met the skin of the healer Amelie halted and turned, exchanging in that brief second the role of chaser and chased. A river of laughter now flowed from the girl's mouth. She was happy again, happy to have her mother by her side.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Blue laughed and added some speed as the girl worked hard to catch up to her. Catching up to her seemingly easily. She laughed harder enjoying the day. She had played like this with her father and on rare occasion her mother too.

Blue felt the light touch and then turning her side brushing the ground as she cut the corner tightly she ran after Amelie, but the girl had put on extra speed and she was a little bit behind she would catch her though. Laughing again she ran swiftly to catch up.

241 Posts
Ooc — Marie

Amelie ran fast, it was easy for her given she had a lithe figure and long legs that would make her a tall female somewhere near the future.As she veered and turn she made sure not to approach the cliff's edge. Having a youngster or the Alpha female plummet to their death would be like adding the cherry on top of the misery cake of the Plateu.

A goat had its eyes fixed on the pair of females that ran back and forth, ocasionally when the youngest girl ran past the animal, it would stretch its back legs in an attempt to kick her away.

After a while, Amelie decided to slow down allowing Blue to reach her if she wanted to. She gasped as she tried to catch her breath, laughing soflty between the breaths she took. "When will you take me to the ocean?", she wondered outloud. The alpha had once promised to teach her how to use the herbs of the sea.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Blue chased her staying clear of the edge too and making sure to not touch the goat that always kicked. She had looked at it at one point and promised to make it dinner if it kept it up. She kept a weather eye on it refusing to allow it to scare her.

Blue looked up at the sky and spoke softly I can’t today because it is too late, but in a week how about? We will make a day of it yes? We may have to stay overnight, so just be warned we may even see the alpha there Ragnar. I am not sure, or my friend Julooke. It will be fun. She sat then and stared up at the sky, Do you like my father? I know you met him? He talks about you all the time, you have made his old heart sing he says. She chuckled then as she thought of her aging father, not far for this world.< /p>

241 Posts
Ooc — Marie

The game had soothed her mind, though it hadn't taken more than a few minutes it was more effective than a whole hour of therapy. Amelie looked sideways at her mother, while she glanced to the sky and spoke softly. She understood when she said today wouldn't be the day --she hadn't expected it to anyways. The only thing she wanted was to set a date for the trip, and apparently that was already taken care of.

In a week, Amelie would beging her lessons. A smile crept of her face at the same time a joyful shriek left her lips. She had been waiting for this since forever! Though it had been delayed several times for the state of the pack and because of Peregrine's injury. Blue also mentioned some strange names,Julooke and Ragnar. And though Amelie was unsure of the strangers she felt certain that if they were friends of her mother they'd become her friends as well.

Amelie's mood had changed drastically, and though it was hard to imagine she'd be able to smile wider, she still went against the odd and offered Blue a wide, toothy grin. Sun Spark had quickly earned the young Beaudet's affection."I really do! He told me a story about the stars", she gushed while wagging her tail from side to side, ."It was really a wonderful coincidence to meet him by the borders" she added while feeling her heart swarm with love for her grandfather.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue had known from her own youth, that a simple game of chase or hide and seek always eased your mind and helped you to forget much of the bad things in the world. It seemed that this was the same way with her own foster daughter and she smiled.

She watched as her smile grew at the thought of learning. Blue had to admit she was pleased that the girl was a bit interested in her healing trade. She didn't like the fact that she was the only one who could heal, what would happen if she herself got sick and she couldn't speak or tell someone how to heal they needed at least one more healer.

My father is a good man and he knows so many stories, some that I wouldn't even be able to speak of, because he has so many locked up tight in his head. She chuckled she was glad that much like herself, Amelie was taken in by her father. He was a wonderfully sweet male and she loved him, and she was glad Amelie did too.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
shall we wrap this and pick off when they go on the trip?

Soon the childish worries in her mind woiuld be replaced by heavier troubles and greater responsabilities. And while that thought both excited her and worried her to no end she was now certain that she wouldn't have to walk through that scary road alone --she had also learned that playing was also a great problemsolver though it couldn't be abused.

Everything has to be in moderation, she said to herself, that simple phrase was worth adding to her extensive list of commandments she followes like a church's gospel. Amelie's eyes rested on Blue's emerald jewels, she felt like in that moment a silent agreement was exchanges through their eyes. An agreement that promised that however busy or overwhelmed they might feel they'd always pull aside a second for one another.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Yes :)

Blue knew as Amelie would age the simple things she worried about now, would be just that simple. As her grown up life, added its own grown up problems and for a moment it stole Blues breath to imagine the trials and tribulations that all who grew up would have to face. It hurt however all the more to know it was her own daughter whether by simply love rather than blood would have to go through it too. She would love to shelter her, and make her feel better. However, she knew she could not, or the girl would never learn, never be her own person. So, all Blue could do was stay behind and wait and watch and be there when her own type of love was needed.

Blue would always be there for Amelie, for that she could never and would never change. Though, she had to admit some day she too would go on like her father and her mother to the great beyond and she wouldn’t be there anymore. But she could help that she had given her enough love and enough life and enough knowledge that she could live and prosper without her then.