Blacktail Deer Plateau he seems like the gods’ equal, that man, who
163 Posts
Ooc —
Nieve was glad that Harps spoke up first. Anxiety was beginning to swirl in her chest, tightening around her lungs and squeezing the air out of them. She'd never had reason to doubt her mother before, or fear her decrees, but something changed about Erzulie the moment she donned the mantle of Beta. At least, it seemed that way to Nieve, who never knew her mother's ferocity from before. She was harsher. Colder. Sharper of tongue and teeth both.

Nieve feared most of all that this was a test of her own loyalty and resolve, and that answering the wrong way would incite her mother against her the same way she'd been incited against Ying and her sisters, but for different reasons. She feared her hesitation to jump into the fray the way Reyes did, her preference for peaceful negotiation over the flash of fangs, was a source of disappointment. She feared no matter how loyal she was to the pack, she would be considered lesser if she did not behave as they did, and she was not capable of it.

I'll do it! she hastily cried, lest that was the only right answer to Erzulie's question. Just... She fidgeted a moment, avoiding her dam's eyes, trying to come up with an excuse other than "please don't kick me out of the pack". It might be dangerous. What if they're out there looking for revenge? She chewed the inside of her cheek for a second, glancing over at Harps as if hoping to find support there, then added, I don't think it's smart for the pack to split up after... that.
and i've found that in every man there's a child
Messages In This Thread
he seems like the gods’ equal, that man, who - by Erzulie - February 04, 2020, 01:48 PM
RE: he seems like the gods’ equal, that man, who - by Nieve - February 18, 2020, 10:13 PM