Haunted Wood the crows in the garden are laughing at my expense
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Joining 
Serendibite padded through the wood, admiring the darkness. She could practically melt into the shadows. She had heard that there was a pack living in the area, and wanted to check them out. She had become bored of the loner life, and was looking for likeminded wolves to spend her time with. As Serendibite walked, she pondered what she would say. She would highlight her skills for hunting and fighting, then maybe do something to prove herself. She stopped as she scented the border. Serendibite sat away from the border and lifted her muzzle, letting out a howl.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
the call is not long unanswered; the warlord is certainly growing more prompt. she strides confidently to meet the woman, confirming with a brief inhale that she is a loner, not one of Moonspear's. "you called?" she asks, blunt as she comes to a halt. 

gaze sweeps over the woman appraisingly; outwardly, she seems healthy, capable. good. admittedly, their ranks are threadbare; something she will have to work to fix.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
"My name is Serendibite, and I have come to offer my skills to this pack. I am a talented fighter, as well as a capable hunter. I am also able to use herbs and plants in many ways." Serendibite glanced around the area, looking for a way to prove her skills. Her eyes settled on some hemlock. and gestured with her muzzle. "That plant is one to stay away from, called conium. Brushing up against it causes a rather irritating rash. But eat only a little leaf and you'll be dead in hours." Serendibite waited to see what the other wolf would say. She would be willing to fight for a spot in the pack, but hoped it wasn't necessary.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
the woman is upfront, which the warlord can appreciate. rather unlike the most recent joiner, she's respectful enough, and quick to prove her stills. the girl's gaze shifts to the plant the woman points out, half-hidden beneath the snow. it is wilted, dead, but in that small patch of sunlight a few daring leaves press toward the sun. 

the woman makes no immediate comment, but comes to a decision none the less. "I am Hela, and this is the Nightwalkers. fight me, prove your skills, and you will join us." the warlord steps forward, though a small dip of her muzzle invites the woman to make the first move, even while ember-lit gaze tracks her every move.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Serendibite wasn't ecstatic about fighting an older wolf, but she would do her best. Serendibite accepted the challenge with nod of her head, and eyed for the best spot to attack. She focused her gaze on the woman's chest, hoping she would think that was her goal. She darted from her position, her jaws opening as she aimed them towards the woman's shoulderblade. She used it as grip while she swung her body into Hena's back legs, attempting to disturb the lady's balance.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
the move for her shoulder was a solid first move. the woman's error came when she tried to swing her entire body around; leaving her open for a counter. her actions are not driven by aggression; this is a chance to test the woman and her abilities, not a fierce competition for dominance. when she woman begins to swing around, the girl thrust forward with her shoulder while aiming her fangs to clamp around her scruff in an attempt to shove her down toward the dirt.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Serendibite had not been fast enough, as her opponent was able to grip her scruff. She yanked it away, feeling teeth scrape against her skin. As soon as she was free, Serendibite leaped away before pouncing right back into it. This time she attempted to land a bite in Hena's side, risking having an exposed neck.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
her grip on the woman's scruff is relinquished when she pulls sharply away, rebounding after a moment to aim for her side. the girl deliberately falters a moment before swinging away, the woman's grip finding only fur and air as the warlord drives her fangs once again toward the woman's scruff, aiming for a fast hold in the thick fur there.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
This time the woman's attack held strong. Serendibite couldn't escape the grasp on her scruff and fell to the ground. She swung at Hela's legs, kicking desperately to free herself.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
the woman seeks desperately to free herself, and after a beat, the woman steps back, signaling with a drop of her muzzle the end of the fight. allowing the woman a second to recover, hela's gaze slips over her once more, appraising the woman a final time. a decision is reached, and she offers, "welcome to the nightwalkers." 

the woman's a good enough fighter, though it is her knowledge of herbs - most interestingly the toxic ones, that has the girl interested. "when you've settled in here, I'll call for you again. I want to learn about plants like that one." she decides, gesturing to the one the woman had pointed out. there's no way she'd be asking serem to teach her; she had an inkling she'd end up with something worse than a rash.
31 Posts
Ooc — Wish
Serendibite was admittedly embarrassed that she had lost so quickly. She had not expected to win this fight, but she had hoped to prolong it. However, she didn't let her disappointment show. She had still made it into the pack. Upon the woman's statement, Serendibite replied. "I'm always available."
"Is there anything else I should know? Rules never to be broken, wolves to kill on sight, rankings?"
Serendibite could always figure these things out, but it would be more convenient if she was told them.