Sun Mote Copse and all the greedy souls just don't care to know
we are biding our time, for these myths to unwind
248 Posts
Ooc —
Weejay hoped this enterprise was cathartic for her father. She knew he was hurting, and she didn't know how to fix it. It felt both good, and sad, for her to be here too -- but in a small way, it helped to be doing something to remember her grandparents.

She knew nothing would repair the hole that had been ripped in Eljay's heart, and no amount of good in this world would ever fill it in either; but if Weejay knew anything, she knew that the tincture of time was the best healer. She just hoped in the meantime, Eljay did not beat himself up too much.

Her father was silent for what seemed an interminable length of time. Weejay didn't mind; she was quiet too. She was thinking of her grandparents and wondering if the journey from life to death had been painful, and if she would ever see them again. Such topics were difficult to think about and tied her tongue. Eventually, after Eljay spoke, Weejay chimed in: "But we're still here, and that's what matters. I'll always be here - you can't get rid of me!! I'm like the weeds in a garden." Weejay grinned and butted her father fondly. "You can nip at me, but I'll always come back."
so hold nice and close the ones who get to your soul,
so that when it is cold, you wont feel so alone
Messages In This Thread
RE: and all the greedy souls just don't care to know - by Weejay - June 30, 2020, 11:55 AM