Jade Fern Grove And I'm definitely sure I would know if she was part shark
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
All Welcome 
@Orson unless for some reason it won't work!

He'd wandered through the forest a few times before, but Spook was taking his time today. Pause, look up, look down, snoop around. He wasn't finding what he wanted, though, and he was looking for something specific, rare. The grove was quiet, and though he occasionally heard the shuffle of plants from some unseen cause, it seemed he was alone.

Or alone-ish. Spook spent a fair amount of time looking up at the canopy and at the tops of bushes, looking for the source of some of the little noises. He figured some were small birds, but the little things were hard to sneak up on, mostly because he didn't seem to have a clue where they were until with a flap and maybe a single chirp they were gone out of sight. So how was he gonna make this work? The yearling wasn't sure.
87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
Orson would not like to admit that the grove unnerved her. She was not a fan of total silence. The silence of the grove was disturbed by shuffling and the fluttering of wings. It was faint, but even the quietest of noises was enough to attract her attention. She headed towards the sound, knowing it could be anything from a rabbit to a bear, but desperate for stimulation beyond the echo of her own thoughts.

She trotted towards the noise, careful not to sound like a stopping revenant as she moved through the ferns until she found what she thought was the source. A grayscale wolf. The young wolf stared upward at the tops of the trees. An odd thing to be looking at for most wolves. Lookin' fer sometin'? she cocked her head.
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Maybe this just wasn't gonna work in general. Unfortunate, sure. But he could keep looking, right? It wasn't like his mother had demanded he be back at curfew or anything, so if he really wanted, he search longer.

At first the steps he heard just sounded like just another creature moving in the brush -- another unseen bird or a mouse or something. But it started to get closer. He didn't notice at first, at least not consciously, his fur slowly started to raise as he moved along, looking still. Closer. Then he was really aware, stopping and looking around for the source. Another wolf, who started talking about the time Spook locked eyes on her. He floundered for a moment, Um! Uh. Yeah. It's not here but -- who are you? And what did she want? That was probably more of the freaky part.
87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
Her presence seemed to catch the boy off guard. Not surprising, given that the forest had been silent and she moved towards him like a hunter. He looked to be about a year old, but he was already around her size. No doubt he'd grow bigger, but he had no mass on him, no bulk. Shame, Orson tutted. She looked around for any sign of what he might be going for — a bird or rodent or something of the like. My name's Orson. An' who are you, lad?
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Spook was easily shaken from things easily, he was not a creature known for being brave. His ears rotated around, sort of confused. Um. I'm Spook. Pause. W-what are you doing here? Which was definitely something which came to mind, that she was up to some nefarious scheme. That she was maybe the one somehow behind the murders or something -- look, the boy was quick to jump to some sort of freaky scheme. And you would think that with that danger of hunting he'd be a little bit careful talking but instead he blabbed, Are you hunting? Hopefully not him.
87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
Orson had to suppress a laugh, venting it instead through a smile. A proper name, though Spooked might be better, Orson thought. Poor kid looks terrified. Hunting? Naw. She shook her head. I'm exploring. Though honestly, I'm kinda bored. She sat down on her haunches. You hunting? You said you were looking for something.
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
She was different but that didn't mean it was a good thing. He was suspicious, but that was stating the obvious -- and still his suspicion leaned towards cowardly rather than anything else. Spook's response was slightly hushed, Bored? Sounded dangerous. But then again, with a sister like his, no wonder he'd think that way.

He shifts uneasily in place, looking around (though whether it be for an escape route or for whatever it was, it was unclear). Was trying to find stuff. But I uh. Can't find it. Not that he was too willing to say what or why. He was cagey, mostly due to his sibling's antics. She'd think he was silly. Everyone pretty much did, but he was used to it at this point.
87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
this poor baby he's so scared omg

Oh yeah. Haven't found anything cool yet. Lots of places tend to look the same, y'know? One pine forest looks like another a hundred miles away. Orson began to frown as she looked the boy over. The boy could not be any less comfortable around her. He kept shifting and looking around as if he was expecting an attack at any moment. His words were cagey and vague like he was trying to protect himself by saying nothing. You scared of me, kiddo? Orson cocked her head. I ain't got a reason to hurt ya. 'm not goin' to either.
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He's just a wee tad skittish. XD

Places? Not about places! But he hadn't said what it was he'd looked for -- the only clue had been him looking up. Nah, this place is different than home, and-- and the creek and stuff. It's not the place it's -- he snapped his mouth shut. Nope. He wasn't gonna go get judged by this lady. That was totally what was gonna happen. Besides, other things to talk about.

He shifted again, a little more stubborn, trying to look a bit more tough but it probably wasn't too successful, Yeah well I don't know you. You could be lying or whatever. He squared his shoulders, but as a gangly teen, it wasn't like he cut a particularly impressive figure, especially not when it was so obviously show rather than something he had his heart in. So what're you doing? He was still trying to act more like how his mother did.
87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
The boy rambled on for a moment in what she thought was an attempt to respond to her. He snapped his jaws shut instead and squared up. He spoke with all the force he could muster, from what she could tell. Orson knew that laughing in this kid's face wasn't the best way to go about things. It did happen though, which she tried her hardest to suppress by pressing her lips together, letting only a gust of air be the sign that she was about to burst out laughing. Oh, I ain't lyin' to ya. I ain't got much of a reason to lie. But good on ya fer not trustin' strangers, I guess. She bared a snaggletoothed grin. As fer what I'm doin', I'm makin' conversation. That's it. 'm bored an' I sensed you in the wood, an' I came to talk wit' whatever'd let me talk wit' it.
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Now she was seeming even more like one of his siblings. Hmm. At least those he knew how to deal with. He didn't deflate or anything, but kept this aggressive (for him) tilt to his words and posture, Well shouldn't you be like.. Doing other stuff or whatever anyway? You're all alone so shouldn't you be trying to change that or whatever? Spook had been in his birth pack his whole life and wasn't exactly planning on changing that any time soon. So she was kind of the freak and she should be trying to get in his good graces or something, not being all weird like his sister and stuff! Spook had enough trouble with just one of his siblings remaining, having someone else take Pike's place metaphorically would be lame.

He'd pretty much forgotten what he was out here looking for in the first place. He'd have to make another trip once he eventually remembered stuff existed.
87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
Orson laughed, this time out loud for a brief bark. Packborn, packraised. Doesn't know anything else. She'd heard all the things about lone wolves dying, but she'd always failed to find a place that stuck to her or that she stuck to. Oh yer right, I should be doing that, shouldn't I? She drawled in a mocking tone and rolled her eyes. I didn't think of that before! Orson raised a hindleg to scratch her ear. It ain't that easy, y'know? She spoke in her normal tone again. Y'can't just hop up to any ol' pack and beg 'em to take you in. 'Specially some of the groups y'find out there. Buncha loons, some of 'em. Orson muttered the last few words, gritting them through her teeth.
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Yep she was totally like his sister. The fear disappeared, and he frowned, actually kind of disappointed maybe? Well you aren't trying, obviously. Nah. Brou was big on the whole 'not trying' thing too. His tail flicked once, but he shifted in place, pondering which way was the best way out. He didn't want another sister who didn't even have the excuse of being actually his sister. Look, his mom might want to find more people but he was gonna nope right out of here. So you can mope around and stuff. Doesn't change much.
87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
Oh boyyyyy, Orson deflated. This wasn't going to go on further. At least not well. She wasn't really up for discussing the merits of socializing and living within a pack with this kid. She certainly didn't need the trouble. He seemed very set in his ways. I said I was bored, not miserable. Two very different emotions, kiddo. And now, though entertained, I am irritable. So thanks for that. she pouted, thoroughly disappointed in him, as if it was his fault for not holding up the conversation. He did have a point though, but Orson didn’t want to admit that some random kid she tried chatting up was right. She stood up on all fours. You mind if I bounce?
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Spook squinted at her. Okay, what the heck was with her. Brou didn't give up like this woman did. Now he was just confused. He was expecting the teasing and the battle. Not... This? Whatever it was. She was some weird chick.

He shrugged, now trying to figure out what to do. He was gonna leave, but as mentioned: confusion. I mean you can do whatever. You were the one who got all snippy first, though, remember. He peered at her a little more, So you can run off or whatever it is you're gonna do. Give up or whatever. That was the way he ended up sometimes dealing with Brou -- make something a challenge and she'd get all bent out of shape over whatever it was. Spook maybe did have a few brains in that head of his.
87 Posts
Ooc — Gryff
Away
Her brain already began to tune the chattering boy out, her interest in him diminishing as he yapped on and on. The kid was too flighty for her, too defensive and submissive. Too judgemental. She was in no position to be choosey if she was so desperate for conversation, but she did not have much in the way of patience. She did hear the same word repeated over and over again. That's three, Orson snickered. Alright kid, I'm goin', I'm goin', or whatever. She turned and sauntered away, hoping that she would find more interesting company elsewhere.

exit Orson, being an ass
244 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He had no idea what she was talking about. Maybe he just hadn't paid attention. But whatever, she was leaving so in that aspect, he'd won. He didn't get to win when it came to his sister. Then go. He snorted and watched her go. After she left, he looked around and tried to remember what he was doing.  Maybe he should just go home...