Phoenix Maplewood How do I believe in 101 when we stumbled the 99?
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He easily offered her the affection she finally sought from him, lowering his head over her as she nuzzled into his chest like she used to do when she was a child. It broke is heart on so many levels, and he wished they could just stay like that forever. She finally spoke, shattering his heart even further, and he drew in a deep breath. I know; I miss them too, he said gently. He wanted to tell her that they were all alive, but he wanted to comfort her for a bit before dropping that on her. It was good news but would probably be awfully confusing for her. So instead, he just held her close and gave her the comfort he knew she needed. 

He nodded as she spoke again. Yeah, he answered quietly, not immediately meeting her gaze. Happiness was all he ever wished for them. He knew he had never offered them much, and had no hope of offering that to Zephyr now, but he did hope he found it somehow. When he did look to her, she had already looked away. Yeah, for now, he offered in response to her next question. Then he drew in another deep breath, deciding he should probably tell her why this would be his home for a bit. You have a little brother and a little sister here, he told her, his heart slamming against his ribs. Would she be angry like Zephyr had been? Would she storm away too? Maybe it was for the best. And when Alsek and Pele were old enough, maybe they would finally see him for who he was and leave too. They would all be better off.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I believe in 101 when we stumbled the 99? - by RIP Kavik - May 13, 2020, 12:46 AM