The Sunspire i'd move any mountain for you
2 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The Sunspire, Dusk, 13°C, Mostly Cloudy. 

It had taken Deacon all day to climb the tallest peak of the foreign mountain range. The constant ache in his long legs and the growing soreness in his large paws was pushed to the back of his mind, ignored, replaced by his unfaltering desire to climb and explore. He had set himself the goal of reaching the tallest peak by nightfall and, having promised himself not to give in to laziness and fatigue, he had stuck to a steady, comfortable pace and achieved his target. Although, now that he had made it, he was unable to view the surrounding landscape as well as when the sun had still burned brightly above the horizon.

As of right now, the sun was beginning to set, casting dark shadows across the snow-capped mountain peaks. Only the tallest ridge, the very one where he now stood, still basked in its warm golden light, but it too would fade eventually he reminded himself. He did not have long until the night stripped him of his sight, forcing him to rely on his other senses to navigate. Deacon considered traversing the narrow mountain paths in the dark and quickly decided against it. The mountain could be a treacherous place, particularly dangerous for one such as himself, who was not used to roaming it. It would be so easy for him to take a wrong path or stumble on the rocks which littered the uneven trails. Despite his boyish pride, Deacon now found himself forced to seek help and assistance.

Standing atop the gentle slope of Sunspire mountain, his paws bleeding into the steadfast snow which covered it, his orange amber eyes peered out into the gloomy darkness beyond. Earlier in his journey he recalled smelling a pack to the South, and now, he could also distinguish another pack scent further North of his current location. The scent on the wind was much stronger from the northern direction, so Deacon determined that he must have been closer to the second pack. Turning to face that same direction, he waited until the wind changed direction once more before singing out a howl. The breeze would carry with it his scent and his call would hopefully pinpoint his location to anyone who heard it.

Now with the last few flickers of sunlight disappearing beneath the gathering cloud cover, Deacon shifted down and curled up against the nearest large boulder for cover. He was not adverse to the snow or cold climate, but now alone on the mountain range with no sunlight to guide him, he felt alone, exposed and vulnerable. The male kept quiet and curled his tail around himself to keep warm, hoping that someone would soon reply to his call and come to his rescue.
MY PUPILS FROZEN, EYES LOCKED ON YOU
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
The stress of Yuudai's ever threatening presence and Reiko's newfound attitude pushed Takeshi away. Fuck her feelings- if she wanted him there, she should've made it clear- and wouldn't stand to hear any complaint of "no help with the kids" when he returned home. Takeshi snorted at the thought- she'd be fine on her own. Let her struggle with the mewling little things, he'd be back in no time. For now he climbed the slope of the mountain in the darkness. Wild howled, pushing him back, and he thought against it fiercely, pushing into the force of nature. It was then that a song echoed out from higher upon the mountain. Shi's ears twitched, and for a moment he considered ignoring it- but ultimately he gave in. The pale beast continued upward till the air was thin in his lungs, and he commended the man with the determination to scale this high. Soon he found that man- curled up by a boulder, looking positively worn and cold. Shi felt the same, and fought the urge to collapse beside him, instead lowering himself carefully to his stomach and scooting forward. The wind howled over his voice, but navy eyes met the agouti as he mumbled awkwardly, You called?
2 Posts
Ooc —
Time seemed to move more slowly whilst he lay waiting to be rescued, curled up against the boulder, at the top of the mountain. If Deacon had not felt so vulnerable he might have tried to sleep the seconds and minutes away, but as it was, he felt too afraid to relax completely in case a cougar or bear, or even an unfriendly wolf, should happen upon him and start trouble. Whilst his nose nestled warm beneath the thick plume of his tail and his amber eyes pressed shut, his russet ears remained pricked and alert to everything around him. Not the he could hear much besides the chilling hiss and howl of the wind.

It was the scent of the other wolf which first caught his attention. Deacon recognised it instantly as belonging to the northern pack. Although he had heard no howl of confirmation from them, he was pleased that one of their members had come in search of him — or maybe they hadn't, maybe they had been wandering up the mountain anyway and didn't care to rescue him at all. Time would tell. He considered sending out another howl, to make sure that they could locate him, but soon enough the sound of approaching footfall gave him the reassurance he needed. Help was on its way.

Blinking, Deacon lifted his head from beneath the warmth of his tail and looked up to meet the deep blue gaze of his rescuer. It was a male, his pelt primarily white with flecks and silver upon his back and a russet streak up the bridge of his muzzle. The agouti male wagged his tail in friendly greeting as the pack wolf crawled up to him through the snow. He could not tell if the pack male was annoyed at him for calling, their voice slightly distorted by the howling wind. Deacon decided to play it safe and unfurled himself from the boulder and sprawled out towards him, pressing his head low against the snow and curling his tail around his side in an attempt at displaying submission. 

"I am sorry to bother you so late, I really appreciate you coming all this way." He started, hoping to score a little sympathy from the pack wolf. "I'm Deacon. I was hoping you could lead me to somewhere safe I could spend the night. I don't trust myself enough to follow these trails blind." He admitted, peering out to the gloom which had enclosed around them, knowing that just a few metres away would be a sheer drop off the mountain ridge.