Whitefish River So...
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Before Connor even had a chance to speak, his expression conveyed his feelings towards Howl. It wasn't one of anger, but far from pleased. It was the reaction Howl expected, but still, as Connor began to speak, Howl tried his best to hold his tongue. He had heard these things before. Not the same words, but the message was all the same—one filled with emotion that lacked understanding, context, and the truth.

What dug at Howl most was Connor's comment about anger. His union with Star wasn't one of anger. He had been hurting, but his feelings for Star originated long before Moonshadow and Connor's affair. His commitment and devotion to Star wasn't a consequence of mere anger, and Howl was slowly beginning to see it as the one positive that came out of Moon's devastating decision.

"First off, this was not a decision of anger. Star is my mate. Not a fling. She and I were friends long before I knew Moon. I reconnected with her after I knew Moon and I would no longer be united. But also before I knew that Moon was pregnant!" He declared sternly to drive home the point. It wasn't a response of anger but rather an emphasis to ensure that if Connor shut out Howl's admission of the truth, he would at least hear that. "Had I known Moon was pregnant, my actions may have been different, but it was far too early to know of such things."

Howl's tone changed brings up a different aspect of the subject. "And so I was with Star... Then I learned Moon was pregnant. And just as you said, I promised to be there for her and the girls regardless. I could have left them behind. Said screw it and made it your duty. But I'm not a man who walks away from his responsibilities, from his family. Regardless of how complicated." His claws were digging into the ground, and his legs were shaking, filled with the rush of emotion that Howl was expelling.

"I do have two families to care for now, and I'm trying my best. I planned on telling Moon shortly after you. Perhaps when she's had a chance to wake up. As for the girls, I'll tell them the truth. They're far too young to understand now, but with time they'll learn." It wasn't a solid plan, but it was all he could plan on.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
Messages In This Thread
So... - by Howl - July 04, 2020, 03:44 PM
RE: So... - by Connor - July 22, 2020, 08:56 PM
RE: So... - by Howl - August 02, 2020, 10:19 AM
RE: So... - by Connor - August 13, 2020, 04:49 PM
RE: So... - by Howl - August 16, 2020, 10:31 AM
RE: So... - by Connor - August 27, 2020, 09:31 PM
RE: So... - by Howl - August 29, 2020, 11:33 PM
RE: So... - by Connor - September 05, 2020, 12:55 PM
RE: So... - by Howl - September 16, 2020, 11:43 PM
RE: So... - by Connor - September 25, 2020, 06:34 PM