Hushed Willows I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home.
141 Posts
Ooc —
The appearance of another wolfess drew Sundance's attention to her temporarily, and his tongue slipped submissively between his lips to smooth a whisker. Though he did not dare look any of these females in the eye, he could feel the weight of their gazes on his hide - particularly that of the newest arrival, who remained a silent sentinel. He wondered if each held a leadership rank in harmony, if their hierarchy held some similarity to that of sacred Elysium.

What happened to those warrior wolves, he wondered, the sibling pair that hailed from the coastal cliffs. He remembered how they upset the balance by overthrowing their Shiva, but his own departure had come swiftly after. Had they brought his family to ruin?

His powder blue eyes lifted sharply at the mention of a name: Eleuthera. Sundance followed the speaker's gaze as she pointed her muzzle in the aforementioned wolfess' direction, hopeful, and he listened intently to what valuable knowledge she might have to offer regarding the fate of his family. He didn't recognise her despite the feeling of familiarity on hearing her name, but wondered if she'd been present before he'd been born. Holding his breath, fearful of what she might have to say but desperate for closure, it was exhaled in disappointment in her response.

I don't remember you.

Silver ears fell back. His shoulders sagged. He felt his ankles weaken, his heart skip an uncomfortable beat. How? That was all he wished to ask: I am a son of Olive Shakti, how can you not know?

"A cherub," he corrected softly, sadly; Sundance never had the chance to ascend beyond Elysium's juvenile rank. "I was just a boy when I was forced to flee the shaking earth. I never found my way back until now."

He blinked between each of the three females before him, afraid that they might doubt his claim to have been raised among the willows. Sundance felt his mouth dry, and he carried on with haste: "Olive and Seabreeze are my mothers." And they are calling to me!

Messages In This Thread
I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home. - by Sundance - August 02, 2020, 07:54 AM
RE: I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home - by Lumiya - August 02, 2020, 09:22 AM
RE: I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home - by Lumiya - August 02, 2020, 06:36 PM
RE: I'm arriving, and it feels like I am home - by Sundance - August 03, 2020, 04:36 AM